Trade Copier Implementation

itradefutures

Trade copier issues
I use 20 apex accounts -
I have tested and ran across this issue multiple times -
The “flatten all” button does not work properly - it sometimes opens opposite positions instead of closing and sometimes closes 13 out of 20 accounts-
I tried it with 2 accounts and same issues pops up intermittently- however with 20 accounts it’s pretty consistent issues -

It’s not a hardware or pc resource issue as I have replikanto trade copier running on ninjatrader with 20 accounts just fine -

I have not used bracket order or other exit strategies yet - so not sure about functionality on those - but the flatten all needs to be looked at for sure - as of right now this is useless for me - as I do use “flatten all” alot to exit positions -

It would be nice to get feedback from motivewave support to see what specific issues on the trade copier are they looking to address in an update ?

This has started happening to me too, out of nowhere.

Today I tried to exit a position using flatten all, and it reversed. I'm using several Apex accounts. I can't see that there are any issues with Rithmic today. Be careful out there! I had to flatten it from their dashboard.

RT24

Has there been a response from Motivewave about the "Flatten Button"? I had a bracket order close out of all my accounts but one. Took a big hit. I needed shut down Motivewave, open RTraderPro to stop the bleeding.

itradefutures

Has there been a response from Motivewave about the "Flatten Button"? I had a bracket order close out of all my accounts but one. Took a big hit. I needed shut down Motivewave, open RTraderPro to stop the bleeding.
I emailed support and used the wrong email but got a response either way.

They said:

"There were issues with Rithmic late last week with their timely P/L, and position updates that affected the Flatten All functionality in MotiveWave.
You would have to check with your broker if they still have reported issues with Rithmic."

I haven't tested the copier since I had the issue, to be honest. I'm sitting on the fence for now in case the same problem occurs.

ghappy21

Any updates on the pwer users in this trade, regarding the Motivewave trade copier stability?

itradefutures

Any updates on the pwer users in this trade, regarding the Motivewave trade copier stability?
Sometimes not all of my positions close. As long as you're actively monitoring your positions in the position tab, it's fine, but make sure you have an eye on them.

casshet

Still unstable and costing me money, but they've refused so far to provide a proper way to test the feature without putting real accounts at risk. I reported another issue a couple of days ago, and they said it's been fixed in the latest update.

casshet

Sometimes not all of my positions close. As long as you're actively monitoring your positions in the position tab, it's fine, but make sure you have an eye on them.
Note that sometimes the trade happens so fast you don't have time to check all of the positions and get them closed before you've lost money. So it sounds good in theory — and I've learned to do so — but you can still get burnt.

ghappy21

My Orderflow version of MW is a bit before the Trade Copier feature was added. Does it support bracket orders before order entry? Does it support adjusting stops and profit targets after order entry?
As for stability, I assume it will be fixed. MW is a highly capable platform. Trade copying should be easy for MW staff to fix.

Donovan2580

My Orderflow version of MW is a bit before the Trade Copier feature was added. Does it support bracket orders before order entry? Does it support adjusting stops and profit targets after order entry?
Yes it does allow for both of these things :)

casshet

As for stability, I assume it will be fixed. MW is a highly capable platform. Trade copying should be easy for MW staff to fix.
😂 sure, you have the ability to create bracket orders and adjust after order entry, but the problem is
  • It doesn't work consistently — causing you to lose money in fast-moving markets
  • Support has been very dismissive when reporting issues (read my other posts)
  • There's also no way to actually test the copier despite my asking to be able to do so, so you have to put your real accounts at risk

I just had another issue with follower account positions not being closed, which would have blown my accounts if I hadn't caught it. Trading has enough variables — you shouldn't have to wonder if your platform is actually going to work the way it is supposed to.

Good luck — I'm glad it was on my side today when I caught those unclosed positions.

ghappy21

One more question. Are copied bracket or stop orders sent to the exchange? Some set-ups (like Ninja and a 3rd party copier) orders are managed on the desktop software. So, if one lost the internet connection or if the software stopped working, there would be no stop order until connection was reestablished.

Donovan2580

One more question. Are copied bracket or stop orders sent to the exchange? Some set-ups (like Ninja and a 3rd party copier) orders are managed on the desktop software. So, if one lost the internet connection or if the software stopped working, there would be no stop order until connection was reestablished

I depends on your data feed - If you are on Rithmic or CQG they are stored "server side" so if your internet connection cuts out, you should be safe.

See this post from MW support:

casshet

Just lost a couple of accounts. 2 accounts decided to trigger my bracket properly, and 2 just randomly decided not to. And it's never the same two 😂

If you place an order, never assume the order will be placed properly. Go look at all of your positions. One time I had 3 accounts with my brackets properly applied, and one account just randomly didn't have the bracket applied to it.

Another time, I updated a bracket order, and it just randomly decided to update it on some accounts, but not all.

After trying this out for 2 months and trying to engage with an unwilling support team, the trade copier is not ready for real use and do not use it on any accounts you care about.

Tigger

Is there any documentation available for the Trade Copier feature?

I've followed the bit of instructions in the release notes: File > New > Trade Copier Account and this adds a new item in the account menu (in the DOM). But then once it's set, where can you edit the Leader and Follower accounts, add additional follower accounts, etc.?

Last edited:

Tigger

Has anyone successfully used the Trade Copier with Elite Trader Funding (Rithmic)?

itradefutures

Has anyone successfully used the Trade Copier with Elite Trader Funding (Rithmic)?
Yes.

On rare occasions, it hasn't closed positions on a few accounts for me.

Generally, it works, but it's definitely not bulletproof. Make sure you have a positions tab open to monitor your trades and manually close them if the situation calls for it.

Tigger

Yes.

On rare occasions, it hasn't closed positions on a few accounts for me.

Generally, it works, but it's definitely not bulletproof. Make sure you have a positions tab open to monitor your trades and manually close them if the situation calls for it.

When using Trade Copier do positions and resting orders appear in the DOM for follower accounts?

MrSharky

I have a own license of Motivewave and are a big fan of the platform as such. But I run my trades through Quantower and its (Beta) copy trader. Gives me peace of mind, I can see all my positions and how my working orders update over multiple accounts, I can close them all at a push of a button. Its just to dodgy how the trade copier works in motivewave at the moment.

spider64

When using Trade Copier do positions and resting orders appear in the DOM for follower accounts?
I haven't used the copier yet, but you can open multiple DOMs for different accounts. I only trade 3 equity futures so I have 3 individual DOMs for one account and DOMs with the chart for the other account. Would get messy with more than 2, but that works OK for me.

Tigger

I have a own license of Motivewave and are a big fan of the platform as such. But I run my trades through Quantower and its (Beta) copy trader. Gives me peace of mind, I can see all my positions and how my working orders update over multiple accounts, I can close them all at a push of a button. Its just to dodgy how the trade copier works in motivewave at the moment.
Thx, not familiar with Quantower. Is this how your platform is setup?:

Motivewave -> Quantower -> Rithmic

Or do you execute all of your trades on Quantower?