Trade Copier Implementation

Spin

This is indeed a much anticipated and often requested feature.

Thank you, @ebaydan777 to inform us that there is light at the end of the tunnel (y)
:)

HalTrader

That's cool, however this trade copier will work for any kind of account/broker, right? (Not only from rithmic to rithmic, but also from CQG to CQG, CQG to rithmic, or even from CQG to a forex broker, etc.). I guess we will be able to copy our trades between any of the brokers available on the MotiveWave platform?

ebaydan777

That's cool, however this trade copier will work for any kind of account/broker, right? (Not only from rithmic to rithmic, but also from CQG to CQG, CQG to rithmic, or even from CQG to a forex broker, etc.). I guess we will be able to copy our trades between any of the brokers available on the MotiveWave platform?
not sure about this, if you can log into multiple brokers at once then yes. Rithmic doesnt allow multiple connections but I imagine CQG and Rithmic at same time is ok, and therefor you can trade copy all accounts within both connections. My assumption only. we will see next week when update is released.

you guys will love it

Last edited:

Kbs123

not sure about this, if you can log into multiple brokers at once then yes. Rithmic doesnt allow multiple brokers but I imagine CQG and Rithmic at same time is ok, and therefor you can trade copy all accounts within both connections. My assumption only. we will see next week when update is released.

you guys will love it
Thanks for update, christmas came early

ebaydan777

No problem. Ive been testing the software for a couple weeks now and it's awesome. I have made insane gains/profits by being able to copy 5 Apex accounts instead of doing them 1 by 1. Just be careful, you can also lose them all at once. But the software is great, works exactly as intended! Ask me questions if you have any

itradefutures

No problem. Ive been testing the software for a couple weeks now and it's awesome. I have made insane gains/profits by being able to copy 5 Apex accounts instead of doing them 1 by 1. Just be careful, you can also lose them all at once. But the software is great, works exactly as intended! Ask me questions if you have any
This is fantastic news. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Can you cross-trade with it, and modify your contract size? E.g. trade 1 mini on one account, three micros on another and four on another, etc. Or do you have to mirror the parent account exactly?

Exciting that it's coming so soon.

ebaydan777

This is fantastic news. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Can you cross-trade with it, and modify your contract size? E.g. trade 1 mini on one account, three micros on another and four on another, etc. Or do you have to mirror the parent account exactly?

Exciting that it's coming so soon.
Yes, it does cross trade and you can change quantity size of the followers.

BTW everyone, trade copier is out so update to 6.7.0!

abctrading

Yes, it does cross trade and you can change quantity size of the followers.

BTW everyone, trade copier is out so update to 6.7.0!
woo hoo finally!!

ok so I can't seem to find info on the website or release notes yet for how to manage the trade copier.

Seems pretty straight forward on how to create and name a "copy" and how to add accounts and quantities and "cross" trade stuff, but what if you want to adjust the accounts or quantities or disable the copier? I can't seem to pull that info up or figure out how to pull up the "Name" of what I have created. Like as in how do I know if any particular "Trade Copier Account" that has been named and created is actually active?

Thanks,

brian

Donovan2580

woo hoo finally!!

ok so I can't seem to find info on the website or release notes yet for how to manage the trade copier.

Seems pretty straight forward on how to create and name a "copy" and how to add accounts and quantities and "cross" trade stuff, but what if you want to adjust the accounts or quantities or disable the copier? I can't seem to pull that info up or figure out how to pull up the "Name" of what I have created. Like as in how do I know if any particular "Trade Copier Account" that has been named and created is actually active?

Thanks,

brian

When you set up a new copier it actually adds an "account". Go into the accounts tab and you will see it listed there.

You can double click on it within the accounts tab to edit it, delete it, etc and right click to "Set as default"

If you select that account in the accounts dropdown of the DOM it will be active. I only trade via the DOM so I am not sure how to activate it for chart trading (Other than setting that account as the default)

abctrading

When you set up a new copier it actually adds an "account". Go into the accounts tab and you will see it listed there.

You can double click on it within the accounts tab to edit it, delete it, etc and right click to "Set as default"

If you select that account in the accounts dropdown of the DOM it will be active. I only trade via the DOM so I am not sure how to activate it for chart trading (Other than setting that account as the default)

Oh yea ..... look there it is. Awesome! That is great ... thanks so much for that info .. that helps a ton!

I did figure out that you can set a keyboard shortcut for creating a Trade Copier Account, if that helps you or anybody else.

Today will be my first day trying it out. Have you had any issues or snags besides the "copies" being market orders?

Thanks again,

Brian

Donovan2580

I haven't noticed any problems at all - Works fantastic! I generally use limit orders for my trades and the copier works perfect with that, so it is not just limited to market orders :)

moe

HI Where is the copyier ..how can i set up or activate it ....

moe

can you help how to set up copier pls i can not find it

moe

File -> New -> Trade Copier Account from the Console Menu Bar.
thank you for help....a problem i did create a trade copier -- then choosed simulater as leader ---and in doom i choosed simulator ..it did not work at all.....then in doom i choosed trade copier ---choosed emini in chart ---choosed only one account in copier ----choosed cross trade ----choosed enable (only one account)....this time it worked but..i entered all my accounts(i choosed only one account) ..and commission was charged as emini... it is scare what did do wrong

Donovan2580

thank you for help....a problem i did create a trade copier -- then choosed simulater as leader ---and in doom i choosed simulator ..it did not work at all.....then in doom i choosed trade copier ---choosed emini in chart ---choosed only one account in copier ----choosed cross trade ----choosed enable (only one account)....this time it worked but..i entered all my accounts(i choosed only one account) ..and commission was charged as emini... it is scare what did do wrong
I do not think the trade copier was designed to work in sim mode - Not sure why anyone would want to do that?

Also if you are trading Micro's than make sure cross trade is enabled on the chart if you are looking at the ES chart.

moe

Q: Ithe chart is in micro mode still i should choose and check mark cross trade?
Q:if you want to trade not all your accounts do we just uncheck the enabled box
Q:for leader account what do you use simulator or one of atual account..

Donovan2580

Q: Ithe chart is in micro mode still i should choose and check mark cross trade?

YES if you want to trade micros

Q:if you want to trade not all your accounts do we just uncheck the enabled box

Only add the accounts to the copier that you wish to be part of the trading copier group.

Q:for leader account what do you use simulator or one of atual account..

DO NOT use simulator - Use an actual account