Trade Copier Implementation

ebaydan777

Can the devs at MW please implement a method to trade copy between sub accounts for Apex or Leeloo users (which are many of us) under a single rithmic account? It would literally be life changing. Similar to Apex Trade Copier for Ninjatrader. If someone can develop this I will throw you my entire account and start over. lol

Bryan SP

I have an idea for a workaround that I am working for my own use that involves using an external application to automate the order execution via windows. It is pretty raw right now, but if others are interested I would be willing to turn it into a product that makes setup easier. Send me a direct message if you are interested.

Bryan SP

I have a version that I am currently testing that looks decent. There is some slippage in the copied account since it doesn't detect limit orders placed across accounts, but instead hits market when the "Master" account buys or sells. The amount of slippage depends on difference between the bid/ask in the product you trade. I may try a feature that allows for a limit order to be placed as soon as the Master account executes to try to get the same price, but that could be subject to other issues like your limit order never hitting.

I have an email into dev support at Motivewave since the development kit does have access to executions and orders, but errors are happening in the logs when I try to access them. If I could access open orders, it would be possible to duplicate limit orders. So far most of the order/execution access is only related to a strategy that triggers an automated order, not one placed via an order ticket or DOM.

xerol

I have a version that I am currently testing that looks decent. There is some slippage in the copied account since it doesn't detect limit orders placed across accounts, but instead hits market when the "Master" account buys or sells. The amount of slippage depends on difference between the bid/ask in the product you trade. I may try a feature that allows for a limit order to be placed as soon as the Master account executes to try to get the same price, but that could be subject to other issues like your limit order never hitting.

I have an email into dev support at Motivewave since the development kit does have access to executions and orders, but errors are happening in the logs when I try to access them. If I could access open orders, it would be possible to duplicate limit orders. So far most of the order/execution access is only related to a strategy that triggers an automated order, not one placed via an order ticket or DOM.
Did you have some success? I am trying to implement something similar including trade management with automated position sizing but I am not sure where to start... How does your external app communicate (protocol or tech stack) with MW?

xtrremel

I'm also really interested in this feature. I stopped using Motivewave because of this.

Tigger

Does anyone think Motivewave will ever get this capability?

I've moved all of my trading to funded accounts. I'm still using Motivewave for now, but not being able to copy trades to multiple accounts (within a single Rithmic login) is a serious handicap. I've looked at NinjaTrader, but Motivewave is just a better platform in all respects.

FWIW, here are two other threads on the MW support forum asking for the same thing:

Last edited:

MrSharky

This is probably the one big thing I miss with this platform and would actually make me switch. NinjaTrader has it, but I'm not a fan of that platform. But now Quantower has implemented copy trading. And that platform is a firm contender to Motivewave atleast for me. I would hate to switch, but for how long can you wait?

Furlano

Can we get some MotiveWave support on these forums? Where is this trade copier implementation?

itradefutures

I agree. I have several accounts with the same firm, and having to manage multiple DOMS for entry, exit, and management is difficult and frustrating.

I absolutely love MotiveWave and don't want to change, but this lack of a feature gets in the way of scaling - which is a pretty big deal!

showbiztrader

I agree. I have several accounts with the same firm, and having to manage multiple DOMS for entry, exit, and management is difficult and frustrating.

I absolutely love MotiveWave and don't want to change, but this lack of a feature gets in the way of scaling - which is a pretty big deal!
yeah....i've been watching these threads now for a long time...and it doesn't appear that MW is ever going to respond to any of us...even tho it's THEIR support forum! Copy trading and prop firm trading is THE FASTEST growing style of the day trader...and everyone else, even Sierra Chart has gotten into the game. QT is a unique and intriguing product. I've used it many times...but it's TPO sucks big time and I'm a market profile guy and love the simplicity and ease of MW..and I follow FuturesTrader71...so it helps to be in same platform. I like the QT copy trader a lot...but it behaves weirdly sometimes and concerns me. But if I keep adding funded accounts with Apex and Bulenox and now Leeloo....I can't keep trying to manage them all separately. It's too time consuming and I know it's not ideal AT ALL. So come one MW!!!....get it together and at the very least...respond to someone on this thread. anything would be nice. LOL

Kbs123

Really hope they get this on board, I'm watching Sierra chart tutorials RIGHT AT THIS MOMENT so i can move all my accounts there for copy trading. Come on Motivewave!!!!!!

Kbs123

and everyone please email SUPPORT@MOTIVEWAVE.COM REQUESTING THIS FEATURE! Their email support team responds pretty fast and I think we'll get their attention that way than through this forum posts.

ebaydan777

If anyone is still following this thread. Motivewave has asked me to beta test their trade copier which apparently should be released for testing within *weeks*. It's their top of the list feature being worked on for their next major release. So, hang on tight, if I find out more ill announce, for now, it appears they have something in the pipes very soon.

itradefutures

If anyone is still following this thread. Motivewave has asked me to beta test their trade copier which apparently should be released for testing within *weeks*. It's their top of the list feature being worked on for their next major release. So, hang on tight, if I find out more ill announce, for now, it appears they have something in the pipes very soon.
This is fantastic news. Thanks for the update.

Donovan2580

Ahh - Made me day!! I am struggling running Quantower and MW at the same time for this reason.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop! :)

MrSharky

This is great news, hopefully it will be a short wait now that the Mobile app is launched.