Open High Low Close Study (OHLC)
This study plots the daily(ETH or RTH) information for the following: Note: this study only works on intraday bars.
How to Access in MotiveWave:
Go to the Study menu, choose All Studies and start typing in this study name until you see it appear in the list, click on the study name, click OK.
Or go to the Study menu, choose Study > Overlays > OHLC.
The information provided on this page is strictly for informational purposes and is not to be construed as advice or solicitation to buy or sell any security. Please see our Risk Disclosure and Performance Disclaimer Statement.
- Open – Opening price for the day
- High – High price for the day
- Low – Low price for the day
- Prev Close – Close for the previous day
- Mid – Midpoint between the high and low
- Prev Low – Low price for the previous day
- Prev High – High price for the previous day
- Range (min) – Time range for computing the Range High/Low lines. The time starts at the opening time for the day (regular trading hours)
- Range High – High value for the range defined above
- Range Low – Low value for the range defined above
There are no signals with this study.
There are no calculations with this study. Plotted values are determined by the selected input(s). Please refer to the above Inputs section for available options.
Specific price levels such as highs, lows, open and close are often deemed to be key levels where a financial instrument experiences increased buying or selling pressure. Traders will often look for key levels when considering trades as these levels are often identified as support and resistance levels.