Technical Product Support Specialist
About the job
The Technical Product Support Specialist role is the first line of customer support for our MotiveWave trading platform. Knowledge of trading, excellent computer skills, problem-solving skills, attention to detail and superior communication skills are essential. The successful candidate must already live in the Kelowna, BC area, have trading experience and exhibit an ability to work in a self-motivated environment while maintaining a professional “customer first” attitude.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to incoming customer calls and emails regarding how to use the software
- Troubleshoot customer issues with the software and determine solutions
- Provide software support to customers via email, phone and/or skype, or screen-sharing
- Become a product expert on the trading software to provide technically accurate solutions to users
- Replicate, document and submit any reported defects from customers to the development team
- Maintain and update the feature request database and bug database
- Test new versions of the software before public release
- Assist in the production of training materials, user guides, video tutorials, webinars and other documentation
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
Job Type / Category
This position is a full-time permanent position located in Kelowna, BC with benefits after 3 months.
Hours for this position are Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm. We offer a business casual environment. Salary will be based on experience.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
The ideal candidate will have:
- Keen interest and experience in trading the financial markets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – must be fluent in English
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent computer skills (including Microsoft Office, Gmail, Web browser, Anti-Virus Software, Firewalls)
- Working knowledge of all major Windows operating systems
- Working knowledge of Mac and Linux operating systems would be an asset
- Ability to deal with people in a professional, courteous and friendly manner while exceeding customer expectations
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose problems over the phone, by email, and via screen-sharing
- Ability to learn quickly and be self-motivated
- Attention to detail and effective time management and organizational skills
- Good online presentation skills for webinars and video tutorials
- Knowledge of Skype, Snagit, screen-sharing software and Camtasia Studio would be an asset
- Previous technical support call center experience would be highly valued
MotiveWave Software is a well-established small, privately-held software company in the financial trading industry, located in Kelowna, BC.
Applicants should email their resume and cover letter with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is living in the Kelowna, BC area and eligible to work in British Columbia, Canada. We are not able to sponsor visas. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.