Presales Product Support Specialist
About the job
The Presales Product Support Specialist role provides technical and consultative support for customers prior to them purchasing our MotiveWave trading platform. Knowledge of trading, excellent computer skills, problem-solving skills, attention to detail and superior communication skills are essential. The successful candidate must already live in the Kelowna, BC area, have trading experience and exhibit an ability to work in a self-motivated environment while maintaining a professional “customer first” attitude.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to incoming customer calls and emails regarding product and purchasing questions
- Provide product and service demos
- Provide presales software support to customers via email, phone and/or skype, or screen-sharing, on how to use the software
- Become a product expert on the trading software to provide technically accurate solutions to users
- Troubleshoot customer issues with the software and determine solutions
- Replicate, document and submit any reported defects from customers to the development team
- Maintain and update the feature request database and bug database
- Test new versions of the software before public release
- Assist with online Sales Events, including website banner creation and email campaigns
- Assist in the production of training materials, user guides, video tutorials, webinars and other documentation
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
Job Type / Category
This position is a full-time permanent position located in Kelowna, BC with benefits after 3 months.
Hours for this position are Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm. We offer a business casual environment. Salary will be based on experience.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
The ideal candidate will have:
- Keen interest and experience in trading the financial markets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – must be fluent in English
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent computer skills (including Microsoft Office, Gmail, Web browser, Anti-Virus Software, Firewalls)
- Working knowledge of all major Windows operating systems
- Working knowledge of Mac and Linux operating systems would be an asset
- Ability to deal with people in a professional, courteous and friendly manner while exceeding customer expectations
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose problems over the phone, by email, and via screen-sharing
- Ability to learn quickly and be self-motivated
- Attention to detail and effective time management and organizational skills
- Good online presentation skills for demos, webinars and video tutorials
- Knowledge of Skype, Snagit, screen-sharing software, GIMP and Camtasia Studio would be an asset
- Previous technical support experience would be highly valued
MotiveWave Software is a well-established small, privately-held software company in the financial trading industry, located in Kelowna, BC.
Applicants should email their resume, cover letter and salary expectations to email@example.com.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is living in the Kelowna, BC area and eligible to work in British Columbia, Canada. We are not able to sponsor visas. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.