T&S appears 100% wrong?

MrSharky

Its the same order, turn of aggregation and you will have what you want. Its a feature for people that want to see same orders aggregated.

MrSharky

If someone hits the order book with 500 contracts I dont want to see 100, 200, 50, 70, etc.... I want to see the 500 in the T&S. Someone else would rather see every tick.

kovacs

I get your point, I think it is down to preferences. Jigsaw does it smartly, if in MotiveWave I turn off aggregation and filter it to 20 vol, it won't show half of the prints Jigsaw and Ironbeam shows. The only way to make it look somewhat like Jigsaw is turning the aggregation on. But then it will print those in-between prices. I'm not saying it is wrong, I understand the logic behind it but I personally prefer the way Jigsaw does it.

MrSharky

I understand you, I'm using Quantower as a second platform. And use Rithmic for that platform as well and it shows T&S different as well. My understanding is that Motivewave takes full advantage of Rithmic MBO data (which is one of its kind) and I personally prefer the Motivewave way. I'm not interested in every tick on T&S. I could not care less. I want to see the major players, i want to be able to personalize the T&S not just for green and red but also more in detail, where I can see the large orders stand out etc.. And I have not found that on any other platform.

Attachments

• 2023-08-11 163700.jpg
    2023-08-11 163700.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 13

kovacs

Now that we talked about it and I gave it a second thought I start to see the advantages of seeing the big orders at once and not split by 2 rows/prints. Easier to see aggression and big players. Seeing in-between prices still hurts my eyes, but regardless of this it is a smart solution. I will give it a second chance, I might even prefer this to Jigsaw's solution on the long-run. Both Jigsaw and MotiveWave can highlight large orders (also both can color 'above'/'below' differently than 'at'). I also like to personalize T&S (and DOM) down to the smallest detail.

kovacs

I'll second what Sharky has said; the aggregation/MBO is useful. It allows me to figure out where the big players are positioned easily.

I do most of my trading in the ES from the DOM/T&S, and MotiveWave is excellent for that. IMO, it sucks for the NQ. I miss that lack of tick compression.

I use QT when I need a DOM for the NQ.

I can't add to anything else in this thread about CQG, but the Rithmic data has always been A-OK for me.
I agree, my mistake. I didn't know that MBO can work like that on T&S. I only ever used it in the MW DOM (it's brilliant btw). All good, no complaints.

luissantillana33

i have been following this via the sidelines just to see what everyone came up with. i also use rithmic & IQFeed so idk but this could be related to CQG? But there are i assume a number of traders who use that data & this is the first time i have heard of a potential issue like this. I would like to think that an issue like this would have been caught sooner & resolved as well if that were the case. If i am wrong then i appreciate the original poster bringing this to the communities attention. fwiw i prefer the jigsaw t&s & have it setup to my liking etc. so this is how i run them on my screen. i have gone back & forth also using the jigsaw dom but for now i like it this way & do my trading via this layout.

1691810252379.png