Study Transfer Not Working

CIslander

Hello,

I'm trying to send a certain study to a friend but he is unable to import it or build it through Eclipse. We have the same Eclipse versions,and the same OS. We have differing MW versions.
When exporting the .class files into a .jar file, I get this warning message:

The .jar file is created and the files are inside as shown by JD GUI here:

However, when importing the .jar file into MW, no actual new study appears, either on my version of MotiveWave (6.3.1) or his version (6.1.0). Any ideas what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance.

Spin

Hello @CIslander and welcome to the MW-Forums :)

I believe you are missing packages in your build path. Are you 100% sure you included the right mwave_sdk ?

I too had issues similar to yours before and I wasn't satisfied about the way Eclipse reports these errors (there is just not enough info to start solving the riddle !), so I switched over to IntelliJ: https://www.jetbrains.com/idea/download/
Never looked back.

Mr. Doran

Hello @CIslander and welcome to the MW-Forums :)

I believe you are missing packages in your build path. Are you 100% sure you included the right mwave_sdk ?

I too had issues similar to yours before and I wasn't satisfied about the way Eclipse reports these errors (there is just not enough info to start solving the riddle !), so I switched over to IntelliJ: https://www.jetbrains.com/idea/download/
Never looked back.

Where/which is the right mwave_sdk? I have been personally just using the one included in the SDK starter example for Eclipse and have been running into my own issues.

Spin

On my end it looks like this. And it works. But again, I have moved to IntelliJ now ;)

EDIT: please also take into account that the 'build'-file only compiles & builds what is in the /src/ directory:

Last edited:

Mr. Doran

Could you scan over this and tell me if there is anything glaringly wrong with how you see it is configured if I just want to deploy the basic examples and compile the basic example .jar that is provided in the set-up project?

Spin

Looks good to me. Still getting errors ?

Spin

well, something is off: in your 'Study-examples' package I see only class-files.

In the .zip-file there is a subdirectory /src/ that contains .java-files.

I think something got mixed up during the import.

Mr. Doran

The zip file does include java-files here:

MotiveWave Studies\src\study_examples

And the the java files are in the eclipse project. Should the class and java files be in the same directory in the file structure?

Mr. Doran

I think I have a hypothesis on what is going wrong on my side. I got the environment running immediately on the Community Edition. Could it possibly be the specific iteration of the SDK files such as the mwave_sdk as you pointed out. If so, do you think an older version of the SDK files would work?

My current version of MW I use is v6.0.7 on Java Version 13.0.1 while the Community Edition is 6.3.1 on Java Version 15.0.1.

Mr. Doran

I have got the examples menu to post into MW by changing the compiler to jdk-13. However, none of the studies work/display when selected and I am now hit with the same warning console you were except with v58 and 57 instead of v57 and 55:

I would at this point try to switch to IntelliJ as you did but lack too much of the technical knowledge at this point to make that a reality to test it. Am I basically boned with the current version of the mwave_sdk I have? What do you think is worth trying next?

Update-

I have attempted to use the mwave_sdk in my MW root and I am now met by a much different console output full of errors and a boat load of problems:

Could it be that the mwave_sdk.jar under referenced libraries is now incompatible/incomplete with the older mwave_sdj.jar I injected into the structure? If so does this now mean I have to manually recompile the mwave_sdk.jar in the reference libraries to match the new one?

Update-

Realized that the reference library file is automatically compiled based off of the import source.

So situation is as follows:

1. If I use the currently provided mwave_sdk.jar and change the compiler to Java 13 I can get the examples folder and indicator list to post into MW but nothing works.

2. If I use the mwave_sdk.jar in my older MW client I get a torrent of errors and problems listed in the screenshots above.

Last edited: