Order Heatmap - How to Show More Than 5 minutes of data?

Alior

I have setup an 'order heatmap' window which seems to be doing it's thing using 100ms. However, I can't seem to zoom out to see more than 300 seconds / 5 mins of data in the window. Is this a limitation imposed by the system or am I missing something?

I left the window open for for 5 hours today, hoping that at some point I would be able to zoom the entire period, but I was never able to zoom out more than 5 minutes, which seems to be locked/set maximum period of time.

Using Bookmap - I can zoom many hours and if I leave the app open I've been told I can zoom up to 7 days. Is the same somehow possible with MW's 'Order Heatmap'?

Thanks in advance

A

ScottyA

Try adjusting two settings:

Preferences > Chart > Chart Settings > Max Bars

Preferences > Chart > General > Tick History

Guessing the 1st setting might help more than the 2nd. Please share a screenshot! I love Bookmap and would love to see what you created in MotiveWave!

Alior

Scotty, thanks for posting your response and suggestion!

Unfortunately, the changes didn't make a difference to the 5 minute limit ;/ I changed both values to: 999999, which I noticed was the maximum. I also changed: configure>preferences>general>general - 'tick history limit' and 'DOM history limit' to the maximum values. Screen shot attached.

I have attached my order heatmap setup with an indication of a high volume sell order at 4120 ESM1 (present since yesterday) . The white circle (moving target, :)) indicates the big big sell order.

I also attach my 15 min chart with my short term Elliott Wave target, which is what I am trying to corroborate with the heat map and order flow iinfo. So that's a nice area for an exit.

All the best and thanks for your suggestion!

Attachments

ScottyA

Thanks for that screenshot and for your response. I hope this gets resolved soon. Try reaching out to Support, and let me know what you find out!

I was once an Elliottician, which is why I tapped into MotiveWave. The EW tools are second to none here! But now I'm Wyckoffian in my methodology.

Alior

I will reach out to them, and post their response.

I would like to add Wyckoff and DeMark to my repertoire one.

I'll post the response I get from support.

So far, I'm not a fan of the way Fibonacci and wave labels are placed on a chart using MW. I find it takes too long next to the typical way I have become accustomed to, which is clicking 3 points on a chart for Fibs and clicking my wave label targets after selecting a wave structure in other applications.

The MW way of doing things seems odd and time consuming. Unless i'm missing something.

I would err towards MW have the most Fib and EW tools - but not the easiest to use.