Order Heatmap - How to Show More Than 5 minutes of data?

Alior

I have setup an 'order heatmap' window which seems to be doing it's thing using 100ms. However, I can't seem to zoom out to see more than 300 seconds / 5 mins of data in the window. Is this a limitation imposed by the system or am I missing something?

I left the window open for for 5 hours today, hoping that at some point I would be able to zoom the entire period, but I was never able to zoom out more than 5 minutes, which seems to be locked/set maximum period of time.

Using Bookmap - I can zoom many hours and if I leave the app open I've been told I can zoom up to 7 days. Is the same somehow possible with MW's 'Order Heatmap'?

Thanks in advance

A

ScottyA

Try adjusting two settings:

Preferences > Chart > Chart Settings > Max Bars

Preferences > Chart > General > Tick History

Guessing the 1st setting might help more than the 2nd. Please share a screenshot! I love Bookmap and would love to see what you created in MotiveWave!

Alior

Scotty, thanks for posting your response and suggestion!

Unfortunately, the changes didn't make a difference to the 5 minute limit ;/ I changed both values to: 999999, which I noticed was the maximum. I also changed: configure>preferences>general>general - 'tick history limit' and 'DOM history limit' to the maximum values. Screen shot attached.

I have attached my order heatmap setup with an indication of a high volume sell order at 4120 ESM1 (present since yesterday) . The white circle (moving target, :)) indicates the big big sell order.

I also attach my 15 min chart with my short term Elliott Wave target, which is what I am trying to corroborate with the heat map and order flow iinfo. So that's a nice area for an exit.

All the best and thanks for your suggestion!

Attachments

• Pref-General-tick&DOMHistoryLimits.png
    Pref-General-tick&DOMHistoryLimits.png
    58.3 KB · Views: 89
  • ESM1-OrderHeatMap - Untitled - Apr-07 1445 PM (100 ms).png
    ESM1-OrderHeatMap - Untitled - Apr-07 1445 PM (100 ms).png
    542.9 KB · Views: 101
  • EW-Targets.png
    EW-Targets.png
    693.1 KB · Views: 91

ScottyA

Thanks for that screenshot and for your response. I hope this gets resolved soon. Try reaching out to Support, and let me know what you find out!

I was once an Elliottician, which is why I tapped into MotiveWave. The EW tools are second to none here! But now I'm Wyckoffian in my methodology.

Alior

I will reach out to them, and post their response.

I would like to add Wyckoff and DeMark to my repertoire one.

I'll post the response I get from support.

So far, I'm not a fan of the way Fibonacci and wave labels are placed on a chart using MW. I find it takes too long next to the typical way I have become accustomed to, which is clicking 3 points on a chart for Fibs and clicking my wave label targets after selecting a wave structure in other applications.

The MW way of doing things seems odd and time consuming. Unless i'm missing something.

I would err towards MW have the most Fib and EW tools - but not the easiest to use.

Alior

@billclinton

Hey Bill, The solution was to unlock the 'Lock Scroll' icon on the toolbar. It was on by default for me.
It's the icon with the padlock and scrollbar above it.