MW Linux Version

igor.s

Thanks for delivering the Linux version. This is a great alternative to use on pc laptops. Anyone who has Windows 10 pc/laptop I highly recommend to have a double boot Linux OS or Linux only. Linux + MW is a great trading environment.

Excellent job, MW

Igor

Spin

I am also very exited about this release !!

Pinguins for the win !! :LOL:

Already bought a new SSD to add to my dual boot (soon to be a triple boot)

Thanks a ton MW (y)(y)(y)

Peter

Thanks for delivering the Linux version. This is a great alternative to use on pc laptops. Anyone who has Windows 10 pc/laptop I highly recommend to have a double boot Linux OS or Linux only. Linux + MW is a great trading environment.

Excellent job, MW

Igor
Why do you like Linux over Windows 10? Which distribution do you use?

igor.s

I use Linux Mint. Simple and elegant. I like it. I don't use the dual boot. Just Linux.

Igor

Spin

I only use Win when I really REALLY need to.

Linux is much lighter (uses the PC's resources better) and much more stable. I have systems running at home for over 2 years now, without a single reboot :)
An extra bonus is that your external access (over SSH / remote desktop / VPN / ...) to your Linux (trading) system at home or at the office is safer than on Win (although I will admit I have no clue on how far Win 10 advanced in this specific area)

I will probably go for an Ubuntu installation over the weekend (since it is supported/tested by the MW-team)

edit: Ubuntu would be easiest for a beginner-user: well-documented, full-featured and easy to set up: See here

igor.s

You can’t go wrong with Linux :) By the way, I use Oracle VirtualBox on Linux where I run Windows 10. This is just to run my brokers application if I need to.