Initial Environment Set-up Help

Mr. Doran

I am struggling with getting the "Examples" tab to display under studies after running the build.xml of the Motivewave-Studies sample project using Eclipse.

The output of the console is almost identical to what is outlined in the Programming Guide:

Here are the three starting project configurations I have tired using, all to no avail, and all with the same console output:

I am a complete neophyte, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Mr. Doran

Hello!

I have finally gotten around to exhausting all of what was suggested in that thread to no avail. Would the fact that my MW Java Version is only 13.0.1 and that I am still using v6.0.7 of MW be a problem? The '.last_updated' file in the MW-Extensions folder does update after the build is deployed with no result if that is any indication. The examples '.jar' in the linked thread does work when imported through study import or of course just manually placing it there but no luck at all with getting the build to post through Eclipse with the current configuration.

Last edited:

Mr. Doran

I have got the Eclipse environment to run in the Community Edition of MW but not in my older version of 6.1.0. I speculate it may have something to do with the current SDK being incompatible with older clients. If that is too far fetched I would be eternally grateful to another solution.

Spin

I was not aware of the newer SDK not being backwards compatible with older versions.

Are you sure that is the root cause ?

Mr. Doran

No, just speculation on what could be causing the problem. It seems more likely to just be the Java version at this point.