IBKR Broker and dxfeed data

ScottyA

*** TWS made some changes with the 10.19.1 STABLE build, which causes problems with historical data. MW Support is aware and working on a fix. ***

Qudos to MotiveWave Customer Support! They quickly fixed a problem created by changes in the way TWS published historical data.

Took them two days! Thank you crew!

@MotiveWave_Jason @MotiveWave_Joe

Chrys

Qudos to MotiveWave Customer Support! They quickly fixed a problem created by changes in the way TWS published historical data.

Took them two days! Thank you crew!

@MotiveWave_Jason @MotiveWave_Joe
I've tried using all versions of TWS and still can't get data for certain ETF's like SPY. I know Motivewave is working on the issue since I reported it to them last week. Thanks to Jason for responding to my question since I've let my support subscription lapse and I know they don't have to communicate with me, technically speaking.

I just received word from Joe at TS that I will need a newer version of Motivewave to get the fix

I can now confirm that the issue with historical data on some symbols (like SPY) has been fixed with the latest MW version (6.6.13).

Last edited:

jj7777

@ScottyA

I'm going to upgrade to the Pro version today after the market closes, in the hope that it will finally work.

Does the TWS run in the background in the setup you described, or does it not need to be opened at all?

Can I send you a DM if I have any other questions? I think Jason overdosed about me 😅

If it works, I'll build you a statue in your honor!

ScottyA

Does the TWS run in the background in the setup you described, or does it not need to be opened at all?

Yes, TWS must run in the background. You'll also need to configure your MW Workspace to access both TWS and CQG. Instructions are included in the setup.

Can I send you a DM if I have any other questions? I think Jason overdosed about me 😅

Absolutely, DM me. Although I'm inclined to keep the conversation here in case others have similar questions. Up to you.

If it works, I'll build you a statue in your honor!

Dang right I deserve a statue! It's about time someone recognizes my greatness ;)

Johnedoe

Things used to be so much simpler....
Until all this technology came in to help us....lol

pomer

HI, New member here. I am having issues with the chart stalling once it loads. I don't have this issue with TD, but with IB, it loads, and no further update on the data. I have class c nasdaq data subscription from IB, and the chart shows the latest data at the time of the app loading, and nothing more. Does not update further. I have opened a support case, but their response has been slow. It has been almost 3 weeks of not being able to use this app. Any ideas? yes, I have used the exact settings per the install guide, and have several times gone over the settings.

ScottyA

HI, New member here. I am having issues with the chart stalling once it loads. I don't have this issue with TD, but with IB, it loads, and no further update on the data. I have class c nasdaq data subscription from IB, and the chart shows the latest data at the time of the app loading, and nothing more. Does not update further. I have opened a support case, but their response has been slow. It has been almost 3 weeks of not being able to use this app. Any ideas? yes, I have used the exact settings per the install guide, and have several times gone over the settings.

Power, forgive my tardy reply. Did you ever get this resolved?