How do I show only RTH data on daily charts

Shortline

I'm an not fully understanding how to show only Regular Trading Hours (RTH) data on a daily chart of the ES Futures. It doesn't seem to matter if I check or uncheck the "Show Extended Data" in <Chart Setting><Bar Settings> it will always show extended data. I don't want to see the extended data on my daily chart.

I also haven't been able to figure out the purpose of Trading Hours within the <Configuration><Preferences>. I have created my own RTH hours but was not able to apply those to a chart.

Anyway, my goal is simple. Show only RTH data for ES futures on a daily chart.

The dark plot below is MW and the light plot is ThinkorSwim. Notice the difference in the last day. MW is showing the entire session.

Thanks in advance for any help and/or education.

Attachments

• MW Daily.png
    MW Daily.png
    54.6 KB · Views: 22
  • ToS Daily.png
    ToS Daily.png
    55.5 KB · Views: 22

ScottyA

I found that this option is likely data-provider-dependent.

For example, I am able to look at RTH Futures only using IB (last I checked), but I was never able to switch to RTH only using IQFeed. This bugged me the most when looking at stocks through IQFeed.

Can you provide more detail with the data provider you use?

Shortline

I'm using Rithmic. And at the moment it's a trial account as I was evaluating MW. I have since decided I like MW, purchased it and I am funding an account with a new broker. As soon as the ACH transfer goes through I will get my "real" Rithmic account. I don't know if it will be any different though. They may be like MW whereby the license you were using during the evaluation period remains active after the purchase.

If it is trial account related with Rithmic I should know in a few days.

So using IB you can create an RTH only daily futures chart? I have an IB account. I may have to investigate multiple data feeds.

ScottyA

It's been a while since I charted with MW using IB data, so I don't exactly remember.

Heads up in case you don't already know, there's a massive difference between Rithmic and IB data! Rithmic is awesome for futures. IB sucks for futures.

Good luck with your setup. I hope you come to love and profit from the MW platform like I have!

Donovan2580

I ran into the exact same issue a few months ago. Apparently Rithmic (and CQG) don't supply RTH only daily data for ES, NQ, etc.

I was able to find two acceptable work-arounds though:

1) If you look at a TPO chart with RTH only sessions it will plot the RTH OHLC.

2) Another member suggested this to me and it works as well (Click the link below for the thread)

Hope that helps!

Shortline

^^^^^ - Thanks for the insight. It gives me some things to try and experiment with. All data supplied by Rithmic (or CQG) is time stamped so it should be no problem for the platform to filter out ETH data (in fact, it does it for less than daily bars).

This is a basic feature that needs to be fixed. I hope the MW development community is seeing this (I need to figure out if there is a formal process to submit bugs).

Donovan2580

I have asked them about it & they said it is the way they receive the data from the providers.

Perhaps if enough people chime in they can figure out a better way to handle it :)

Shortline

How did you ask them directly? What is the process for communicating directly with MW? I will submit a query if there is an established process.