Daily RTH only chart

Donovan2580

Has anyone figured out how to view (Or a workaround) a daily chart of the @ES showing just the regular trading hours?

Even when you turn off "Show extended data" - It still shows. I tried a 405 minute chart & that doesn't work either. If you set up a custom session time, it just defaults back to the CME when you enter the symbol.

I am using CQG - New from Tradestation (They had a special symbol @ES.D)

You can filter out overnight data on every other time frame.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as it seems ridiculous I have to go to Think Or Swim to see this.

Thanks,

Donovan

Donovan2580

I use 1425 min chart with show extended hours turned off it does the trick for me.
Thanks for the reply - I just tried that & while they look like daily bars at first glance when I look at the open times each bar starts at a different time:

Some at 6:30 am, some at 7:05 am, etc. I do have extended hours turned off so it would seem that the day would start at 9:30 am (all my times are EST).

That is why I tried a 405 minute chart with extended hours turned off. In theory it should start when the CME opens and run for 405 minutes - But it does not.
Thanks for the tip - It was worth a try (y)

Any other ideas, or maybe the support guys/gals could let me know why a 405 minute bar with extended hours turned off does not start at 9:30 EST?

Thanks,

Donovan

Donovan2580

You are correct sir!!

Thank you very much for the help - I knew there must be a hack of some sort, and it appears that you've found it 🤓

Much appreciated - Thanks a lot for your help/time.

Donovan