Daily RTH only chart

Donovan2580

Has anyone figured out how to view (Or a workaround) a daily chart of the @ES showing just the regular trading hours?

Even when you turn off "Show extended data" - It still shows. I tried a 405 minute chart & that doesn't work either. If you set up a custom session time, it just defaults back to the CME when you enter the symbol.

I am using CQG - New from Tradestation (They had a special symbol @ES.D)

You can filter out overnight data on every other time frame.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as it seems ridiculous I have to go to Think Or Swim to see this.

Thanks,

Donovan

Donovan2580

I use 1425 min chart with show extended hours turned off it does the trick for me.
Thanks for the reply - I just tried that & while they look like daily bars at first glance when I look at the open times each bar starts at a different time:

Some at 6:30 am, some at 7:05 am, etc. I do have extended hours turned off so it would seem that the day would start at 9:30 am (all my times are EST).

That is why I tried a 405 minute chart with extended hours turned off. In theory it should start when the CME opens and run for 405 minutes - But it does not.
Thanks for the tip - It was worth a try (y)

Any other ideas, or maybe the support guys/gals could let me know why a 405 minute bar with extended hours turned off does not start at 9:30 EST?

Thanks,

Donovan

Donovan2580

You are correct sir!!

Thank you very much for the help - I knew there must be a hack of some sort, and it appears that you've found it 🤓

Much appreciated - Thanks a lot for your help/time.

Donovan

Striker77

Hey there,

I tried to apply this workaround but it didn't seem to work for me.
My chart looks like this after switching to the timeframe and turning off the extended data:

Any ideas?

Donovan2580

It seemed to be working a while ago (Kind of) - But it does not anymore for me. Even when it did it was kind of a screwy work around.

I ended up making a new workspace with a Tradestation feed just for this purpose.

They told me it was the way CQG & Rithmic sends out the data and there is nothing that can be done about it.

Seems crazy that with all this technology it is a "big deal" to just get a RTH only daily chart?!

If you can get your hands on a Simulation Tradestation account (Or ever TDA I think would work) you can just add them as a data feed and do it that way.

Not the best solution, but the only way I have figured out :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Striker77

Damn I see. I actually set up a PaperTrading Account with TDA for this reason today and work with two applications at the same time.

Thanks for letting me know Donovan.

I'm confident that a lot of people would be happy to see this feature somehow implemented in the future.
Maybe @MotiveWave_Jason will suprise us with a software update someday.

igor.s

I use OHLC study set to RTH only on one of my charts - it does the job for me. After all I just need a reference of the high/low/close RTH. Ain't critical though. The modern market is 24H action and a lot of good setups happen in the ON session. In fact, I found the RTH sessions the most annoying :)

Cheers.

ijavitrade030

Thanks for the reply - I just tried that & while they look like daily bars at first glance when I look at the open times each bar starts at a different time:

Some at 6:30 am, some at 7:05 am, etc. I do have extended hours turned off so it would seem that the day would start at 9:30 am (all my times are EST).

That is why I tried a 405 minute chart with extended hours turned off. In theory it should start when the CME opens and run for 405 minutes - But it does not.
Thanks for the tip - It was worth a try (y)

Any other ideas, or maybe the support guys/gals could let me know why a 405 minute bar with extended hours turned off does not start at 9:30 EST?

Thanks,

Donovan
+1

Any solution?

t85

Just re-bumping this...would be nice to NOT have to open other programs for this

Donovan2580

Just re-bumping this...would be nice to NOT have to open other programs for this
For what it is worth - I have a Tradestation account linked to MotiveWave just for this reason. They even have a specific symbol just for RTH only charts (IE - ES.D). They offer free real time data & a small minimum account requirement.

It seems the lack of a RTH only chart is a function of Rithmic or CQG - Not sure why it is so difficult.

Just thought I would pass it along - Not the best solution, but at least you can still be within MW :)

Reactions: t85

t85

For what it is worth - I have a Tradestation account linked to MotiveWave just for this reason. They even have a specific symbol just for RTH only charts (IE - ES.D). They offer free real time data & a small minimum account requirement.

It seems the lack of a RTH only chart is a function of Rithmic or CQG - Not sure why it is so difficult.

Just thought I would pass it along - Not the best solution, but at least you can still be within MW :)

Yea I have a Tradestation account as well....just still annoyed that I need it lol...plus I notice MBO data stops working if I have any other data source logged into the same workspace at the same time as a Rithmic connection.

Also, the way it must be logged into via MW is also an annoyance, which reminds me that we need an option to auto login with our selected data feed when loading a workspace as opposed to having to click that little window every time, especially when there's only ONE data connection in a workspace...but I'm just ramblin...