Apex/Rithmic Issues

FuturesTrader

Is anyone else having Apex/Rithmic issues, in particular, trades are reversing after hitting a limit or during flattening?

I'm not blaming MW or Apex, I'm just trying to find other users with the same issues, because if I can't find anyone else with the issue, I know it's my setup.

Kbs123

Are you using hot keys ? I've been having some random issues where after my order has taken profit or stop loss, a new reverse order is triggered.

FuturesTrader

No hotkeys for me, but the same issue with reversals. I experience mine with plain limit order fills or flattens. Wherein I might be happy with a trade and I hit flatten, or move my limit order to the current price action to exit, and then it will require "multiple" flattens for the trade to finally be flat.

I'm going to keenly review every step I take this week.

I think lag is a major issue right now. So more than X contracts create this issue. Very frustrating, but going to screen-record and document everything over the next few weeks.

Are you using hot keys ? I've been having some random issues where after my order has taken profit or stop loss, a new reverse order is triggered.

Kbs123

I see. Motivewave has always been a little bit glitchy with things like this over the years. Please do update here if you find any new discoveries, as i will too!

abctrading

@FuturesTrader - I am also using MW with an Apex/Rithmic connection. I have not taken any trades yet today so can't speak into that. However this had happened several times in the past. Sometimes Apex will acknowledge the issues and reverse any "Red or Negative" days IF enough people have experienced the issue. Other times it is just a "too bad that is one of the risks of trading" kind of attitude. I have had support say it is the platform or internet issues ... rarely is it a Rithmic issue according to them. I think it is most def a Rithmic issue ..... but who am I to say or be able to prove that lol. I just have a CQG connection running at the same time and can see the difference in price between the two. It is easy to see the lag and sometimes it is quite drastic

I really don't know if it is internet or computer memory, or Rithmic or really just a combo of all of it during volatility ..... I just know it happens alot and it can be quite frustrating to say the least.

Bottom line, it is a recurring issue and you or I are not the only ones experiencing it,

Stay safe out there,

nooris

From my limited understanding of the issue, Rithmic does not have server side orders, and that's why you always hear the recurring complaint about Rithmic reversing a trade on TP or SL. CQG has server side OCOs and I can see how motivewave would totally crap out if it wasn't server side.
Here's a common scenario I experience:
- I try to buy more than my account can handle
- I get a notification from CQG that order is rejected
- Meanwhile good ol' MW has the order waiting there as if nothing happened.
If things weren't server side for CQG that order would be reversing and flattening and doing all sorts of madness .

Bottom line, I would blame this on Rithmic. Why can't they put orders server side. It's better in every way (power/internet failure etc.)

Donovan2580

From my limited understanding of the issue, Rithmic does not have server side orders, and that's why you always hear the recurring complaint about Rithmic reversing a trade on TP or SL. CQG has server side OCOs and I can see how motivewave would totally crap out if it wasn't server side.
Here's a common scenario I experience:
- I try to buy more than my account can handle
- I get a notification from CQG that order is rejected
- Meanwhile good ol' MW has the order waiting there as if nothing happened.
If things weren't server side for CQG that order would be reversing and flattening and doing all sorts of madness .

Bottom line, I would blame this on Rithmic. Why can't they put orders server side. It's better in every way (power/internet failure etc.)

FWIW - I use Rithmic every day and it DOES have server side orders... I have had my internet go out a few times only to log back in and have my profit target, or stop been hit when MotiveWave was not running.

See the link below - This is an older post from MW Support for reference / clarification:

Last edited:

abctrading

FWIW - I use Rithmic every day and it DOES have server side orders... I have had my internet go out a few times only to log back in and have my profit target, or stop been hit when MotiveWave was not running.

See the link below - This is an older post from MW Support for reference / clarification:

FWIW - Yea I was gonna say on multiple occasions I have had internet go out or MW or computer freeze up or crash and have had to reboot ..... and that is when I will go to the Rithmic app on phone or ipad .... and the orders and targets and stops are all there. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

nooris

I guess my information is old. Years ago I was using rithmic with Sierra without server side orders and things were always dicey. Good to know they now have server side OCOs and apparently an app too (finally). But I still maintain that this complaint is overwhelmingly coming from the guys using Rithmic not CQG. MW really needs to investigate this and solve it as a top priority.

barker

Same thing described happened today when using "flatten" totally reversed trade. Was surprised and pos went green so I flatten again and reverse again. Had to market out for loss. Only happened on one account. Significant problem with Apex/Rithmic.

Donovan2580

Same thing described happened today when using "flatten" totally reversed trade. Was surprised and pos went green so I flatten again and reverse again. Had to market out for loss. Only happened on one account. Significant problem with Apex/Rithmic.

To the people this is happening to: Are you running R Trader Pro along with MW?? If not, I would HIGHLY recommend doing so as it will save you a lot of grief and confusion.

I have certainly seen cases where my profit target or my stop was hit and the DOM on MW is still showing me in a trade - Which can cause great confusion.

BUT I have never seen the trade actually not exit. If I go check R Trader Pro, it shows me "out" of all positions.

First thing I do when I get out of a trade is make sure R Trader Pro shows all "zeroes" and all orders are closed... If for some reason MW doesn't agree with that, I just hit the refresh button on the orders tab of the account page and it will clear itself out. See below a screenshot for that refresh button.

This does seem to be a bug in reporting completed trades to MW or something, but just handling it this way has cleared up any problems I was having (With the trade copier as well).

For instructions on how to connect via R Trader Pro you can go here:

Capture.PNG

barker

Used many platforms with Rithmic/Apex and the virtual machine usually Parallel. Not had this specific issue but the reverse instead of flattening reported same in all windows: DOM and Activity/Positions.

Donovan2580

Used many platforms with Rithmic/Apex and the virtual machine usually Parallel. Not had this specific issue but the reverse instead of flattening reported same in all windows: DOM and Activity/Positions.

Did you have R Trader Pro running and it showed a reversal of position in that software as well?

lonaj

I am disappointed that MW have not chimed into this thread. In fact i am generally disappointed at their general lack of engagement with users in this forum on key issues. I reported this a few weeks ago and they are aware of this - they are working on the latest Rithmic API and also testing with a few 'select' users to test this out. The reversing of a position in some cases 3 times after 3 times hitting flatten occurred. It was on NQ ie fast but something was out of synch with Rithmic. So they are looking at this and i would suggest you write into support to get a status update on this issue as more users are trialling these combine/eval offers.

Barego

I am disappointed that MW have not chimed into this thread. In fact i am generally disappointed at their general lack of engagement with users in this forum on key issues. I reported this a few weeks ago and they are aware of this - they are working on the latest Rithmic API and also testing with a few 'select' users to test this out. The reversing of a position in some cases 3 times after 3 times hitting flatten occurred. It was on NQ ie fast but something was out of synch with Rithmic. So they are looking at this and i would suggest you write into support to get a status update on this issue as more users are trialling these combine/eval offers.
Hello, I experienced same issue. Before starting MW you have to open 2 Rithmic ( host and client) and the problem is solved.

lonaj

Hello, I experienced same issue. Before starting MW you have to open 2 Rithmic ( host and client) and the problem is solved.
thanks for sharing - do you mean open the rithmic trader pro 1st then start MW ? wondering what you meant by open 2 rithmic.
Are you referring to a live account or one of the top step / apex scenarios - for those typically you run the rithmic trader pro client.

MrSharky

Its the Apex connection thats bad not MW. Stop using Apex there is a reason why they have 90% of on their combines every other day!

Barego

thanks for sharing - do you mean open the rithmic trader pro 1st then start MW ? wondering what you meant by open 2 rithmic.
Are you referring to a live account or one of the top step / apex scenarios - for those typically you run the rithmic trader pro client.
Before you open MW, open 2 Rithmic pages. On first one select gateway “Chicago area” and allow plug ins “ON”, on the second one select “R trader pro on this machine” gateway and allow plug-ins “OFF”. With these 2 Rithmic running open MW, at market data select R|Trader Gateway and connect. For me this method worked, the problem with reversing position instead of closing is solved. Other method is to open only the first Rithmic page before open MW and close positions directly on the Rithmic page instead of MW, how you choose.

Last edited: