Trade Copier Implementation

MrSharky

Thx, not familiar with Quantower. Is this how your platform is setup?:

Motivewave -> Quantower -> Rithmic

Or do you execute all of your trades on Quantower?
I execute all my trades in Quantower over Rithmic. I use Motivewave for charting and all the bells and whistles.

spider64

I am looking at using the new MW trade copier with Rithmic and my personal IB account. Has anyone used Rithmic and a different broker with the MW trade copier. I think I can test first using the IB paper trading account.

indodreams1985

This keeps happening to me, just cost me about $300 profit . I was up over $600 in he trade and after the delay closed at around $300.
This is just not usable
It does it when using trade copier or not and it gives an error popup most times so I have to close that first before I can do anything about the open trades.
Not sure if it's Rithmic or MW to be fair. I don't want to put the blame on either yet

spider64

It just cost me another $200 ish :)
I trade using the MW DOM connected to Rithmic. I don't get any kind of error message when I exit a trade which I usually do using Flatten or if a Target his hit (less frequent). I am not using the copier yet since I'm only running one account right now. I only trade equity futures. I usually have to hit Cancel All after Flatten, but still no pop up.

FuturesTrader

Does anyone get FLATTEN errors, where you press FLATTEN in a group trade and it doesn't really flatten the entire group position?

I just had to hit FLATTEN 3 times and it destroyed the trade more or less?

WildeyChris

Yeah let us file a bug via support. When you FLATTEN it's not working, I get errors, new fills, not clear if the fill is a SELL or a BID, it's a mess.

Btw, my fix for this is MARKET SELL/BUY @ CON # then CANCEL ALL is my current workaround.
I don't understand it.... This has happened before but never like this....

sgtega

I have been having a trade copier issue as well.

Trading Express Funded Account with Topstep Trader on Rithmic.

I noticed whenever I flattened it was always the follower account that would not flatten. Confirmed by switching the Lead and Follower accounts in the trade copier.

The error I received was "Error Closing Position: Order Action Failed... Rejected at RMS - Total buy quantity of account would exceed its limit"

Screen Shot 2023-10-03 at 13.42.31 PM [2].png

This was in response to attempting to flatten a 3-lot short position with a bracket of buy orders for stop and take-profit.

Considering the funded account has a position size limit of 3 lots at my current balance, I think something is getting hung up between Rithmic's Risk Management (RMS) and flatten order from MW.

Rithmic is probably seeing the closing buy order in addition to the bracket orders and kicks it back since the "quantity of account would exceed its limit."

What is strange is that the Lead account flattens fine, but something about the follower account's sequence causes it to be the one that gets hung up.

Temporary Fix: If you have a bracket order (or any other orders for that matter), hit "Cancel All" first, then "Flatten All".

This should give Rithmic the time to clear the orders before attempting to close the position.

I know the Flatten Button is supposed to already do this, and I know it takes an extra second to execute. But until this issue is solved I'd rather spend the extra second clicking an extra button, than taking the extra few seconds to close the individual accounts manually or switch to rithmic and flatten there. At the end of the day, my trading style allows me to take that extra second without much consequence. At the same time, I know some trading styles require a more immediate flatten feature copied on multiple accounts. Hopefully, this will be resolved one day. Trade Well.

sukhibadal

Trade coper work fine only issue when i click cancel all Then flatten all it's not working then i need to look fort each contract and close it manually.
Is there way to do put limit on all at ones

FuturesTrader

Thank you for reminding me about this. MW/Rithmic is choking on processing the 2x of the Flatten on the group orders.

CANCEL ALL -
RITHMIC CLOSES ALL ORDERS.

FLATTEN - TRADES CLOSE CLEAN.

I have been having a trade copier issue as well.

Trading Express Funded Account with Topstep Trader on Rithmic.

I noticed whenever I flattened it was always the follower account that would not flatten. Confirmed by switching the Lead and Follower accounts in the trade copier.

The error I received was "Error Closing Position: Order Action Failed... Rejected at RMS - Total buy quantity of account would exceed its limit"

View attachment 1996

This was in response to attempting to flatten a 3-lot short position with a bracket of buy orders for stop and take-profit.

Considering the funded account has a position size limit of 3 lots at my current balance, I think something is getting hung up between Rithmic's Risk Management (RMS) and flatten order from MW.

Rithmic is probably seeing the closing buy order in addition to the bracket orders and kicks it back since the "quantity of account would exceed its limit."

What is strange is that the Lead account flattens fine, but something about the follower account's sequence causes it to be the one that gets hung up.

Temporary Fix: If you have a bracket order (or any other orders for that matter), hit "Cancel All" first, then "Flatten All".

This should give Rithmic the time to clear the orders before attempting to close the position.

I know the Flatten Button is supposed to already do this, and I know it takes an extra second to execute. But until this issue is solved I'd rather spend the extra second clicking an extra button, than taking the extra few seconds to close the individual accounts manually or switch to rithmic and flatten there. At the end of the day, my trading style allows me to take that extra second without much consequence. At the same time, I know some trading styles require a more immediate flatten feature copied on multiple accounts. Hopefully, this will be resolved one day. Trade Well.

AaronF

FYI: There is a malfunction with the trade copier if you place an order with an attached profit target and stop loss, and then move either of those attached orders. The attached order only gets modified in the leader account, but not the follower accounts, and I lost too much money figuring that out.

Since it's a new feature, fine, I figured I'd report it to support and they would get it fixed. I reported it to support last Friday, provided all of my log files, trade history, timelines, etc. and they tried to dismiss it *twice* as a Rithmic connection issue and scold me on allowing my computer to sleep while running Motivewave — despite me pointing out that the log files showed the contrary (thankfully I know how to read logs) during the time I placed the trade.

Since they insisted on dismissing the log files, I recorded a video so they couldn't deny it was happening, and they still said they "couldn't reproduce it" and asked me to send my workspace backup. Finally — today — they've agreed that there is indeed an issue and are "passing it onto development."

Hopefully no one else has to lose any money like I did, and they actually fix it instead of dismissing people with genuine and verifiable bug reports.
I'm experiencing a similar but slightly different issue - - adjusting a stop order in a trade copier account only moves the stop for the lead account but not the follower account.

Say I take a long position in a copier account (with 2 accounts) then manually place a stop order via the DOM. Then, I manually adjust the stop to a different price in the copier account (by dragging the order) and the adjustment only happens in the lead account but not the follower account. The stop remains unadjusted and stays at the previous location in the follower account.

It happens reliably, every time (rather than seemingly spontaneously like I've experienced with other issues of the trade copier such as when flattening it can fail to flatten positions in some of the trade copier linked accounts).

I captured a short, 45 second video to demonstrate this simple bug in the trade copier. Here is the link:

(It is published as unlisted so only people who have the link can view it. Just want to be clear that MotiveWave is great software so not trying to cause issues by making it public.)

If MotiveWave were to dial in the trade copier feature and then create a video release demonstrating reliable functionality I believe they would draw many more customers since it would then be a great platform to use for funded-account/online prop traders and also for professional account managers that are managing futures positions across multiple accounts. Traders want to save money by not having to pay for multiple platforms so if MotiveWave can provide reliable trade-copier functionality it could incentivize traders to use MotiveWave to save from having to pay for separate charting and execution platforms. Also, having one front-end platform to both execute and chart from saves screen-space and simplifies the workspace.

Donovan2580

I'm experiencing a similar but slightly different issue - - adjusting a stop order in a trade copier account only moves the stop for the lead account but not the follower account.

Say I take a long position in a copier account (with 2 accounts) then manually place a stop order via the DOM. Then, I manually adjust the stop to a different price in the copier account (by dragging the order) and the adjustment only happens in the lead account but not the follower account. The stop remains unadjusted and stays at the previous location in the follower account.

It happens reliably, every time (rather than seemingly spontaneously like I've experienced with other issues of the trade copier such as when flattening it can fail to flatten positions in some of the trade copier linked accounts).

I captured a short, 45 second video to demonstrate this simple bug in the trade copier. Here is the link:

(It is published as unlisted so only people who have the link can view it. Just want to be clear that MotiveWave is great software so not trying to cause issues by making it public.)

If MotiveWave were to dial in the trade copier feature and then create a video release demonstrating reliable functionality I believe they would draw many more customers since it would then be a great platform to use for funded-account/online prop traders and also for professional account managers that are managing futures positions across multiple accounts. Traders want to save money by not having to pay for multiple platforms so if MotiveWave can provide reliable trade-copier functionality it could incentivize traders to use MotiveWave to save from having to pay for separate charting and execution platforms. Also, having one front-end platform to both execute and chart from saves screen-space and simplifies the workspace.

Is the "XXXXPair" account that is shown in the dropdown menu of your DOM the trade copier you account you created? If so, can you post a screen shot of that trade copier account settings??

Also are both of those account from the same Login ID (Example: Apex / Rithmic login, but you have 2 accounts) and both the same data feed??

Last edited: