Trade Copier Implementation

casshet

FYI: There is a malfunction with the trade copier if you place an order with an attached profit target and stop loss, and then move either of those attached orders. The attached order only gets modified in the leader account, but not the follower accounts, and I lost too much money figuring that out.

Since it's a new feature, fine, I figured I'd report it to support and they would get it fixed. I reported it to support last Friday, provided all of my log files, trade history, timelines, etc. and they tried to dismiss it *twice* as a Rithmic connection issue and scold me on allowing my computer to sleep while running Motivewave — despite me pointing out that the log files showed the contrary (thankfully I know how to read logs) during the time I placed the trade.

Since they insisted on dismissing the log files, I recorded a video so they couldn't deny it was happening, and they still said they "couldn't reproduce it" and asked me to send my workspace backup. Finally — today — they've agreed that there is indeed an issue and are "passing it onto development."

Hopefully no one else has to lose any money like I did, and they actually fix it instead of dismissing people with genuine and verifiable bug reports.

itradefutures

Damn, that's weird. Hasn't happened to me yet; if I move my orders, they seem to modify just fine. Will be cautious, just in case, thanks.

casshet

Damn, that's weird. Hasn't happened to me yet; if I move my orders, they seem to modify just fine. Will be cautious, just in case, thanks.
They're saying it happens when you place your order through the Trade Panel, but they don't believe you'll have the issue if you use exit strategies.

casshet

what is your personal opinion?is that so?
To get it work properly, I have to place the order through the Trade Panel without an attached profit target and stop loss, wait for the order to fill, then add the exit strategy (because you can't add exit strategies to an order until the position is filled). Not ideal, but it works for now.

samy2006

To get it work properly, I have to place the order through the Trade Panel without an attached profit target and stop loss, wait for the order to fill, then add the exit strategy (because you can't add exit strategies to an order until the position is filled). Not ideal, but it works for now.
This is annoying and should be fixed quickly

redx

Hello,

Do I need to check "cross trade" in order for it to work?

redx

I was trying to trade NQ today. I placed one trade, got out of it quickly by using flatten all, then realized one of the accounts was still in the trade. It placed the order for both accounts but only got out of one, if that makes sense.

Donovan2580

Do I need to check "cross trade" in order for it to work?
It depends - Are you looking at a NQ chart, or a MNQ chart?

If you are looking at a NQ chart and wish to have the "Primary account" trade MNQ you need to have cross trade enabled on that chart that the DOM is attached to. If you then check "Cross trade" under the trade copier account settings, all of these accounts will be trading MNQ.

If you just want to trade NQ across the board make sure cross trade is not checked anywhere.

Regarding the copier not working - Did you have the account you created from the trade copier selected in the drop down list on the DOM?

For example if the trade copier account that you created was called "Copy Account" - You need to have "Copy Account" selected in that drop down list in the DOM for the copier to work correctly.

Hopefully that makes sense :)

redx

It depends - Are you looking at a NQ chart, or a MNQ chart?

If you are looking at a NQ chart and wish to have the "Primary account" trade MNQ you need to have cross trade enabled on that chart that the DOM is attached to. If you then check "Cross trade" under the trade copier account settings, all of these accounts will be trading MNQ.

If you just want to trade NQ across the board make sure cross trade is not checked anywhere.

Regarding the copier not working - Did you have the account you created from the trade copier selected in the drop down list on the DOM?

For example if the trade copier account that you created was called "Copy Account" - You need to have "Copy Account" selected in that drop down list in the DOM for the copier to work correctly.

Hopefully that makes sense :)

Nah, just want to trade the NQ. So, I won't click on the cross trade.

Anyway, I named my trade copier account, chose my lead account, under "follower account" has my second account I just purchased, and under QTY Multiplier I have 1.0. Is this the correct way to set it up? Because I did have the copier account selected under the drop down when I was trading.

...I also have enabled selected next to the cross trade option. I don't have cross trade enabled, if that makes sense.

Thank you.

Donovan2580

Nah, just want to trade the NQ. So, I won't click on the cross trade.

Anyway, I named my trade copier account, chose my lead account, under "follower account" has my second account I just purchased, and under QTY Multiplier I have 1.0. Is this the correct way to set it up? Because I did have the copier account selected under the drop down when I was trading.

...I also have enabled selected next to the cross trade option. I don't have cross trade enabled, if that makes sense.

Thank you.

Here is the correct setup for 2 accounts without trading MNQ. Just make sure that cross trade is NOT enabled on the chart you are looking at and both accounts will trade NQ.

Make sure you have "Test" (In this case) selected from the drop down menu of accounts when you place a trade.

1683068502811.png

redx

Here is the correct setup for 2 accounts without trading MNQ. Just make sure that cross trade is NOT enabled on the chart you are looking at and both accounts will trade NQ.

Make sure you have "Test" (In this case) selected from the drop down menu of accounts when you place a trade.

View attachment 1711

That's exactly what I did. Weird. Any other suggestions?

moe

i used flattened and trade copier did not exit all accounts ..only leader account exited ...

redx

Yeah, same here. Only tested it once. Not sure if I should do it again until they fix it.

lwbecker2

Is it possible to have two (or three) simulated accounts?

I looked at the Preferences and didn't see a way to create more than one Sim account.

It would seem like this would be a good way to test and troubleshoot various scenarios without having to use live money accounts.

zackumer

Trade copier issues
I use 20 apex accounts -
I have tested and ran across this issue multiple times -
The “flatten all” button does not work properly - it sometimes opens opposite positions instead of closing and sometimes closes 13 out of 20 accounts-
I tried it with 2 accounts and same issues pops up intermittently- however with 20 accounts it’s pretty consistent issues -

It’s not a hardware or pc resource issue as I have replikanto trade copier running on ninjatrader with 20 accounts just fine -

I have not used bracket order or other exit strategies yet - so not sure about functionality on those - but the flatten all needs to be looked at for sure - as of right now this is useless for me - as I do use “flatten all” alot to exit positions -

It would be nice to get feedback from motivewave support to see what specific issues on the trade copier are they looking to address in an update ?

itradefutures

Trade copier issues
I use 20 apex accounts -
I have tested and ran across this issue multiple times -
The “flatten all” button does not work properly - it sometimes opens opposite positions instead of closing and sometimes closes 13 out of 20 accounts-
I tried it with 2 accounts and same issues pops up intermittently- however with 20 accounts it’s pretty consistent issues -

It’s not a hardware or pc resource issue as I have replikanto trade copier running on ninjatrader with 20 accounts just fine -

I have not used bracket order or other exit strategies yet - so not sure about functionality on those - but the flatten all needs to be looked at for sure - as of right now this is useless for me - as I do use “flatten all” alot to exit positions -

It would be nice
Hey man,

Yeah, I had issues today; otherwise, it's generally solid for me.

However, I know that today the issue was due to Apex/Rithmic. Apex is going to restore accounts tonight if you suffered any losses. The same happened yesterday too. Apparently a data center issue.

Flatten was causing reversals today, and I know a few other traders who got stuck on different software too, and just couldn't exit trades.

I haven't had any issues unless a Rithmic/Apex problem is causing it. Not sure how long your testing was, but a heads-up that you should be able to get any losses back today if you had any.