Why do volume profiles constantly redraw?

John471

This seems to happen most w/ volume profiles/volume imprint, but may with other indicators.

The situation is if I have a chart w/ Volume profiles....if I make almost any change to any indicator....the volume profiles disappear, then redraw/reload themselves.

I've heard many other uses discuss this same issue. In a fast market, it is a significant problem. I talk to a few other Motivewave users....this was the entire reason for one of them to switch to Sierra, and I can't blame him.

I'm posting this thread to bring this to the attention of MotiveWave support and see if there is any response/explanation. It seems like this issue is a problem for users, I'm wondering if it is acknowledge by support, and if there is any possible fix in sight.

Thanks

MrSharky

If I make significant changes to the time axis the profiles will reload on my PC as well. I must say though its not a big issue on my PC. I dont know if its related to PC specs or whatever, the data is local. But usually it takes maybe 2-4 seconds to reload and print them. Also I dont have like 500 profiles to load.

John471

If I make significant changes to the time axis the profiles will reload on my PC as well. I must say though its not a big issue on my PC. I dont know if its related to PC specs or whatever, the data is local. But usually it takes maybe 2-4 seconds to reload and print them. Also I dont have like 500 profiles to load.
I hear you. Sounds manageable. Thanks for chiming in and letting me know you've seen the issue as well.

I rely on volume a lot, and use footprint charts. I'll have a few open (in tabs) for each product. So volume imprint/volume profile are involved on some level for essentially every chart I have open.