Volume inprint not working well

harshroad

Hi, Im having some issues with volume inprint when using CoinBase as data provider or FXCM for Forex. The charts look like the attached file. No volume and bid or ask displaying 0 as value. Any ideas on how to fix this? Many thanks in advance

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    105.3 KB · Views: 11

itradefutures

Could be a couple of reasons:

• Have you got "Historical Minute Bars" set to "on" in the Volume Imprint? If so, turn it off.
  • I'm not sure if FXCM, for example, uses tick data. You'll need that for an accurate Bid/Ask. Check with your broker.

harshroad

Could be a couple of reasons:

• Have you got "Historical Minute Bars" set to "on" in the Volume Imprint? If so, turn it off.
  • I'm not sure if FXCM, for example, uses tick data. You'll need that for an accurate Bid/Ask. Check with your broker.
Hi! thanks for your answer, Im not using historical minutes bar. Also, FXCM i think it does not use tick data, is there any work around this? thanks buddy!

Found this on FXCM https://fxcm-api.readthedocs.io/en/latest/marketdata.html#tickdata

itradefutures

If you want to trade FX but want to see the Bid/Ask, the workaround I use is to chart the Futures contracts. Cos it's centralised with the CME; you will get the correct volume data, not broker-specific data. EUR/USD is the 6E contract on the CME.

That's the only workaround I can think of because if you want that accurate Bid/Ask, you will need the tick data. (y)

harshroad

If you want to trade FX but want to see the Bid/Ask, the workaround I use is to chart the Futures contracts. Cos it's centralised with the CME; you will get the correct volume data, not broker-specific data. EUR/USD is the 6E contract on the CME.

That's the only workaround I can think of because if you want that accurate Bid/Ask, you will need the tick data. (y)
I see, thanks a lot for your answer. Just out of coriuosity, which broker are u currently using to get this data? thanks!