Upgrading the Linux version

lwbecker2

I saw that MotiveWave upgraded from 6.6.15 to 6.7.0 yesterday.
I downloaded the file when prompted (the downloads went to ~/.motivewave/downloads)

There was a pop up that an installer would be launched after shutdown, but that didn't happen. I assume that message is for Windows/Mac? Is something supposed to launch in Linux?

Three files were downloaded when I pressed yes in the Update Available pop up, a new .deb file, Release Notes v6.7.0 PDF, and status.json.

What are the supported steps to use this deb file to upgrade MotiveWave?

If I follow the original install instructions, one of the move commands fails, as the directory is not empty.
I can just remove the folders and install from scratch, but I wondered if there was some official set up steps to do an upgrade/update for the Linux version (as opposed to the instructions for a clean install).

HalTrader

I was able to upgrade it to 6.7.0 on Windows. I selected my workspace, clicked on "Continue", but I couldn't start MotiveWave. I just see a frozen screen with the "Loading Config" message.
I already contacted the Support team. Hopefully, it is just a minor problem that could be fixed soon.
Has anyone run into the same problem?

HalTrader

Problem solved. Basically, I had to create a new workspace using the same account/username/password.

mikrom

Problem solved. Basically, I had to create a new workspace using the same account/username/password.
Were you able to restore your previous backup? I have the same issue but don't want to recreate my workspace from scratch.

HalTrader

Not really. But you can contact the Support team and ask them whether they could provide you the installation file of the previous version.
See also below the link:

lwbecker2

Responding to my own post (the first message of this thread), you upgrade the linux version by removing the old version and installing the new version. Not so much of an upgrade, as an uninstall then re-install. The studies and analysis items seem to be stored in your local home directory (in a .motivewave directory), so they were all there when I launched the new version.

mikrom

In case anybody missed it, there is a new version out that should fix the "Loading config" issue (6.7.1), it works again for me after upgrading.

Thanks to the MotiveWave team for fixing it so quickly.

Spin

Responding to my own post (the first message of this thread), you upgrade the linux version by removing the old version and installing the new version. Not so much of an upgrade, as an uninstall then re-install. The studies and analysis items seem to be stored in your local home directory (in a .motivewave directory), so they were all there when I launched the new version.
Hello fellow Linux-lovers :D
Allow me to pitch in:

For Debian, I simply go to the website and download the latest version. I then head over to my 'Downloads'-folder in a terminal and perform the following:

1682055916063.png

For Manjaro, I only update through the 'software updater' (the newer versions appear slightly later there; I guess it takes a while to have them added to the package repositories)

Never had any issues, neither with the install, nor the configuration. :)