Time Axis Lines Enhancement

sragone

Hello,

Would it be possible to add the ability to change the colors of the lines?

Thank you for your consideration.

Shane

MotiveWave_Jason

Staff member
Hello Shane,

If you go into Configure > Preferences > Theme > Chart Themes, you can create a custom theme and you're able to change the Grid Line color which will change the color of these lines.

sragone

What I was kind of looking for was to maybe set green for the market open and red for the market close and perhaps another color to warn when you are about to enter the maintenance session in order to watch out for the margin spikes. I looked in the custom themes and wasn’t sure how to go about that. I’ll look again more carefully.

This however brings up an idea (and I might try my hand at coding this myself)...

What would people think about creating a market stopwatch? Features could include:
  • Countdown to the U.S. pre-market
  • Countdown to the market opens (of whatever session you wanted to monitor)
  • Countdown to market closes
  • Countdown to the maintenance sessions
  • Countdown to high-impact news releases
  • Etc.…
These are just some of the thoughts that I had.

MotiveWave_Jason

Staff member
What I was kind of looking for was to maybe set green for the market open and red for the market close and perhaps another color to warn when you are about to enter the maintenance session in order to watch out for the margin spikes. I looked in the custom themes and wasn’t sure how to go about that. I’ll look again more carefully.

Hi Shane,

The new time axis line colors can't be colored separately at this time. I will add this to the feature request list for you.