Tick Interval - No Data Available

colaps

Using Tradesatrion as brockerage, i'm trying to use tick data using Barchart or IQFeed as datafeed, with both i get the same message (Unabled to change bar size, no data is available for the specified period).
The candle are moving very fast (with data service) using the minimum bar size 1m but i would like (tick 100) or (tick 500).
I contacted Barchart team and they told that they do offer tick data on CME products, also with my motivewave subscription i should have 30days of tick data history available.
Is there some settings that i missed ? Can it be related with trading hour ? or something else ?
Any help would be appreciated !

Attachments

• screen_2023-06-20_22-02-23.png
    screen_2023-06-20_22-02-23.png
    565.1 KB · Views: 9
  • screen_2023-06-20_22-02-29.png
    screen_2023-06-20_22-02-29.png
    775.2 KB · Views: 9

luissantillana33

have you subscribed to either Barchart or IQFeed? they provide the data but it is not free. you have to pay for it.

colaps

Thanks you, i have subscribed both, first Barchart and secondly IQfeed because i wanted to see if Barchart was the reason but with IQfeed it's the same. I canceled IQfeed lease and use only the Barchart one.
I also contacted Tradestation, they do provide tick data on CME with they trading software.
Barchart team also told me that they do offer tick data on CME products with real-time subscriptions like IQfeed.
I should have 30 days of tick data history available with me Motivewave subscription(pro), maybe i'm trying to pull tick history outside of this time frame ? by default it probably should work out of the box after connected to barchart data service...

luissantillana33

It could be the symbol like for IQFeed it is @NQU23 or @ESU23. So maybe for barchart it is different?

luissantillana33

I would pull up the symbol via barchart since it has tick data & then select your TradeStation account in the Dom or however you are trading to trade from.

Donovan2580

For what it is worth - While Tradestation does have tick data available if you are using their software, it will not be available in the MotiveWave platform.

This is what MW support told me a while back:

"The Tradestation API does not support historical ticks in the feed therefore tick charts are not available via MotiveWave.

The lowest time interval supported historically would be based on seconds."

luissantillana33

I figured TradeStation didn’t bring in the tick data but barchart should be able to if he’s using the right symbol etc. I use IQFeed & the tick data works perfectly but don’t know why he’s having this issue tbh.

colaps

Thanks you, now it works. ;)

Follow the steps bellow if you encounter the same issue :

- First create a new Workspace with the data service then connect to it, now you can select tick interval.

- Secondly connect to your broker, go to Configure -> Workspace -> Create a new Workspace (this will create a new workspace into the current workspace that your created previously) and add your broker (Tradestation for me).

- After all, in the Trade Panel, just select the account that you wish to trade with.

(y)