Started to hate Motivewave

flylife

Hi guys,

I moved from InvestorRT to MW to save some money but I am having all sorts of issues: right now I am trading ESH3 contract and my trades are executed on MESH3 even though cross trade to MESH is not set. Editing the instrument and I can see clearly the active instrument is ES and not MES. This is so frustrating, Trading bar doesn't even has an option to see what instrument are you trading. Placing trades on the doom windows execute MES and account history shows MES orders even though the instrument is ES. In account tab I can see that order are executed in both ES and MES but that is a lie because both are MES.
I had these issues before I switched to the new contract.

When I rolled over to the new contract I lost all my TPO and Volume Imprint indicators...and I have to recreate them.

Try to find any solution online and found no informations.

I believe Support is a one person team and few volunteers here on the forum. Logged a ticket and nothing happend yet.

I will probabilly cancel my MW subscription and move back to InvestorRT where I was getting super fast support and they remote in and help you out. So frustrated and dissapointed.

Stefan

flylife

Another thing, this chart is set to 15 range...look at those random candles with smaller range or even 28 ticks ranges...this is just not realiable at all...and support is nowhere to be found...

mw.JPG
mw2.JPG

flylife

Bid and Bid Delta decided to leave the DOM....Sorry but Motivewave is not reliable at all...mw3.JPG

flylife

What's your question?

At the very least, provide us with data provider.
can you see my 15 range chart with the range being 30 range and 8 range....all sorts of different sizes... ? Data is Rhitmic

ScottyA

@Donovan2580 If I remember correctly, you work with Rithmic. Can you weigh in on the challenges here?

I'm a CQG guy and have zero issues with data and cannot reproduce this.

Donovan2580

I will try and weigh in here...

First of all you have to remember that MotiveWave is just a program to display data... If the data is bad, inconsistent, etc then it is certainly not MotiveWave's fault. Rithmic has been awful lately. I use it everyday & have issues all the time. I have holes in my data every morning when I load my charts; it does not even provide me with historical tick data to populate the footprint charts from the ETH session at least 50% of the time.

With that being said - I am guessing the lack anything showing in the Bid or Ask Delta columns of the DOM is a Rithmic issue. I cannot be 100% certain, but if it was showing and then not showing; that lends itself to a data issue.

Also I have heard if you are trading on a Rithmic "Paper" feed via a prop firm that data will be even worse since these are simulated servers. I am not sure if that is the case for you.

The cross trade issue - I can see from your screenshot that Cross-Trade is toggled on (In the upper left hand corner of the chart). If you right click on an empty space on the chart it is selected?

1672358134724.png

Now on to the range bar issue. From your screenshot it appears that you are using the TPO study which is all time based - I do not know anywhere in the study settings that you can configure this for a range bar. What you could do to get a similar chart with more functionality would be to use the Volume Imprint study. I look at at 4500 tick footprint chart which is not time based so I know you can do that via the Volume Imprint study.

Hope that helps :)