simulated trading

q0paz

I have been paper trading for quite a while and annoyingly the system disconnects from the broker around 5am then when I reconnect, any simulated orders that should have been filled are not filled. See the image attached.

From what I can tell there's an orders.json file with all the orders, and I am guessing that this gets written to by the trading process within MW. As far as I can find there is then a trade_history.csv. Does anyone have any experience of hacking this process ? Is the trade_history.csv the sole location of the position data ? If I remove the order from the orders.json and add the position in the trade_history.csv will this reflect the position correctly.
Also if anyone from MW is reading, I note that the last few updates did some work on this whole process, since P&L is no longer shown in the Trades pane. Any chance you could have the system check for working orders that would have been filled when the data refreshes after reconnection. This has happened a few times and it's quite frustrating.
Thanks
p.s. I should point out that I am using IBKR and the IB application remains connected or reconnects, whereas MW is disconnected..

Attachments

• MissedTrades.png
    MissedTrades.png
    238.5 KB · Views: 8