Scan for stocks > $10 ?

angoodwi

Greetings all,, for the life of me, I can't find a method to scan say 600 stocks that are above a certain price say $10...
Perhaps I'm having a dumb moment but don't see... anyone have any ideas?

Appreciated.

Andy

luissantillana33

Motivewave comes with only a handful of equities loaded in it. You would have to load them as it does not have all the tickers from the market in it already. I would recommend using Barchart or something similar to scan. Even tos would be fine & that is free, then you could just make a quick scan for what you're looking for.

angoodwi

I have over 2000 tickers loaded into MW all from TDA. The issue is scanning stocks in Motive Wave based on indicator conditions and then excluding stocks under $10 as one of those conditions.
This should be such a simple thing to achieve, but alas it appears not.
We should not need to use an additional platform or service to perform a standard practice.
In addition, we see a lot of improvements for Vol imprints etc. but nothing to enhance the other tools, I hope this changes soon, otherwise going to have to reconsider my preferred platform.

It's frustrating, but thanks for your reply, cheers

luissantillana33

i would email support & request it as an added option for a future update. Or you could just filter the watchlist for any equities over $10 then add that list to the scan you plan on using via the indicator you want scanned. That would be the easiest way imo for the time being.

James Brown

Many financial websites and trading platforms offer stock screeners that allow you to filter stocks based on various criteria, including price. You can set the minimum price to $10 and screen through the stocks available.
Some advanced trading platforms provide built-in scanners that allow you to customize your criteria and scan through a wide range of stocks quickly. Learn here

Last edited:

angoodwi

Thanks for the reply, yes, fully aware of all the other external tools and services, but the point being, you spend 1000's on an application with a scanner and this simple filter is missing. :(
Should I really using Trading View to filter >$10 stocks that have RSI <50 then switch to MW to manually input a ticker.

I really want to see some new major improvements in MW soon, too much dev tme spent on a mobile app that I have no need for.