Saving Chart Defaults

John471

I open a new workspace. I create a new chart, and I adjust the "indicators" tab to my preferences. I click, "save defaults".

I open another chart, assumingly, a default chart (unless there's something I don't know).

But the "indicators" tab, and everything else remains unchanged despite clicking "save defaults".

Why?

Donovan2580

I open a new workspace. I create a new chart, and I adjust the "indicators" tab to my preferences. I click, "save defaults".

I open another chart, assumingly, a default chart (unless there's something I don't know).

But the "indicators" tab, and everything else remains unchanged despite clicking "save defaults".

Why?

Where and how are you saving the defaults? Also I have no idea what you mean when you talk about an indicators tab....

Are you saving the chart as a new analysis?? Making a Template?

You need to be more specific, or at least show me a screenshot of the "Save Defaults" button you are clicking please.

MrSharky

If you mean this dialog and "Save Default"? What this will do is just save your indicator changes to be default next time you use this indicator. Has nothing to do with charts.

Skärmbild 2024-04-07 142319.png

John471

Thanks for the responses folks. To clarify:

When I right click on any chart and bring up "chart settings"....there is a tab called "indicators".

Really I'm speaking about any setting I change within that "chart settings" tab. It seems very intuitive that if you change chart settings, and then click "save defaults"....that you would be saving the new default settings for any chart.

But that doesn't seem to be what's happening and that is what I'm asking about.

Thanks again.

MrSharky

I dont know how that menu works. But what you can do is go to Preferences under Configure menu than Charts and Indicators. If you change that menu, it should display as your save on all charts, at least all new charts.

John471

I dont know how that menu works. But what you can do is go to Preferences under Configure menu than Charts and Indicators. If you change that menu, it should display as your save on all charts, at least all new charts.
Thank you. I will try that later today and report back.

John471

Hey....this works...

Makes logical sense I did not think to try it, thank you.