Rithmic Issues

rich0001

I have been missing data on motivewave now for 2 days it doesn't show all bars and wont make tpos for last 2 days I have atas as well, I own both and there's never an issue on atas with missing data.... Anyone else have this...

Donovan2580

Yup - It is not just you, it is Rithmic.

I had to reload my charts this morning to get Friday's charts. I am not familiar with Atas.. Are you saying that you have a Rithmic feed on that & the data is fine?

If you clear the local data it will normally reload correctly the next day. :)

Jesse_01

Still issues today for me, pain in the ass. Seems like MW points fingers at rithmic, rithmic points fingers at MW. Customer gets no where.

Donovan2580

Still issues today for me, pain in the ass. Seems like MW points fingers at rithmic, rithmic points fingers at MW. Customer gets no where.
It is Rithmic - I have been trying CQG on MW to compare - No issues.

Jesse_01

Curious, what does CQG cost? I have been demoing DTN IQFeed, while it’s fast, it’s $$$. Almost $200/month for ES & NQ full Market Depth.

Jesse_01

Also who was your supplier for Rithmic data? Mine was Apex trader funding. I demoed Edge Clear's Rithmic & it seems a lot better.

Donovan2580

It should be under $30 a month for CQG through Edge Clear, AMP, Stage 5, etc.

I have tested Apex Rithmic (Which is on a sim server) vs. "A real feed" via Edge clear and honestly I still had days on Rithmic where I couldn't get tick data to load on the Edge Clear version.

Jesse_01

I wonder if Rithmic throttles the various 3rd party systems, but buying data directly from them would be different?

Donovan2580

I don't think you can go direct to them - You have to go through a broker.

Jesse_01

I think I figured out the Rithmic Issue. They cap your weekly data request.

361D7B90-C4E8-4E2A-BC91-C22C684EF6C5.jpeg

Donovan2580

I was aware of the cap, but I don't think I every got anywhere close to hitting that. You must have a LOT of historical data being loaded multiple times to have hit that?? Perhaps you cleared the data and reloaded it many, many times??

That is 40 gigs of data, which is A LOT.

Jesse_01

I cleared cache on my ES & NQ charts, which has monthly, weekly, daily tick data for past few months. Apparently it add’s up quickly. 1.5 gb download speeds, it probably wouldn’t be hard to do 🤣🤣.

MrSharky

This is a common issue with Rithmic, sometimes it helps to change the servers. I usually jump between Chicago and Europe servers. The one week lockout from historical data is very ennoying. It usually happens if you clear local data on MW. I have found it does not help actually, better just change the servers and try to load the missing data from another server.