Release 6.6.15 is SUPER unstable

Shortline

What changes were made in this release!!????

I went from a sort-of stable platform to locking-up several times a day. I can't figure out what's causing it to lock up but it seems like it will try to load data and then "give up". NOT a good situation.

MotiveWave programmers..... stop making revisions that break more than they fix!

Shortline

To make matters worse this release doesn't even show studies correctly anymore. The "Developing Mid" line from the OHLC study comes in from the sky mid session. The same study won't even show the previous High or Low anymore.

angoodwi

I'm on the latest version and not had any issues with performance or any indicators. Of course we all use it differently and data sources. Perhaps drop an email to them and provide more details and possible data dump?

1677788649887.png

Last edited:

MrSharky

I'm running new version, and I also don't have the problems you describe..

Shortline

I'm on the latest version and not had any issues with performance or any indicators. Of course we all use it differently and data sources. Perhaps drop an email to them and provide more details and possible data dump?

View attachment 1612
I'm on the same version as you. Switching to this version is what started all the problems.

In all fairness, it has been stable today. Not a single lock-up. I cleared the local data several times when it was crashing but it seems like after it's had a few hours to digest data (I'm only loading 3 futures products but on several different charts) then it pulls it's head out and starts acting normal.

Very frustrating nonetheless, especially when you're managing a position.

angoodwi

I run 2 separate instances, one for stocks and one for futures. Both have different data providers. On the stocks instance I increased the memory configuration on startup to 5gb whilst futures instance remains at default. I don't suggest or recommend changing anything unless you know what you're doing. But having 2 seperate instances may help share the load.