Outline of a 5 minute candle in the 1 minute chart

samy2006

Is there a way to display, for example, a 5 minute candle in a 1 minute chart? After five one-minute candles, an outline is created that represents a finished 5-minute candle.

Attachments

• IMG_20230331_072245.jpg
    IMG_20230331_072245.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 31

ScottyA

Is there a way to display, for example, a 5 minute candle in a 1 minute chart? After five one-minute candles, an outline is created that represents a finished 5-minute candle.

Unfortunately not.

This idea is genius! In fact, I thought it "could" be the next evolution in charting. I have a fairly robust concept drawn up too!

Spin

I've been working on a little something to show my appreciation for the MW-community:

1680547461299.png

Allow me a couple of days to fine-tune this Study. I will then make it publicly available.

EDIT: yes, I saw the copy/paste-mistake in the Study's description (in the menu window)
:)

Spin

Finally came around to finishing this :)

Get MetaBars_V1 here

Use this code to get it for free:
PartOfTheMWForumCrew

[on a sidenote: I made the download available over my SendOwl-page, because I would like to know how many traders want to use this Study. It's a small experiment of mine to see how 'big' the market on the MW-Forums is. Feel free to use a fake email-address ! :cool:]

You will download a .zip file, containing
  • the .java source code that you can fiddle with
  • and a .jar that you can import directly into MW by going to Menu > Study > All Studies > Import
The Study will then appear in a 'VB6.systems'-submenu in the Study-menu.

It seems to perform well with smaller timeframes, but once above H4 I see 'overlaps', due to start/end-of-day- issues.

Feedback & suggestions welcome :)

Last edited:

samy2006

thank you for this great work. The problem with the overlaps is annoying. these overlaps unfortunately also exist on the smaller timefrime (1min):

overlap.png

Another problem.....i tried this indicator on volume imprint and the start candle could not be detected correctly. Then I went into the settings of Volume Imprint and set "start often bar" under Align and then everything was displayed correctly.

the 2nd problem is that some places are not filled in:

gap.png

following suggestions are more or less gimmicks but if you are interested I have the following suggestions (useful find the display of the wicks and the not filled candle):

Attachments

• filling.png
    filling.png
    12.7 KB · Views: 13
  • wicks.png
    wicks.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 11
  • HighLowCloseOpen.png
    HighLowCloseOpen.png
    708.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Limitdown

how much does this cost?, as every click produces a vacant hand asking for credit cards