Noob questions

FlyingRedbeet

Hi all. I just got myself a trial version. Data connection works fine. I just have a few general questions, which I cant answer from rtfm. Be kind and bear with me ...
Oh. I'm using Motivewave on a Win machine, but I will, at least partially, move to Mac OS.

1. General construct: As far as I can see, it consists of three basic containers: Workspace, Page, Chart, Study which are contained in this order. Is that so?
2. I can save studies. But how can I save a chart? Or a whole workspace?

3. Disturbing and most pressing issue: I have a workspace with a page that contains nine charts. I was semi successful linking the charts. But that is a rtfm thing. Now that I have charts linked, I change the instrument on one chart, tadaaa, it changes on all other charts. Well done. The disturbing thing is, all the charts reverse to their default setting: Hollow candles and volume. That's not what I meant. I meant that changing the instrument would just change the instrument and keep all my (meticulously customised) chart settings. How could I achieve that?

4. I also have problems setting up a heatmap. I watched the
video about "Maximizing MotiveWave's Order Flow Tools". It explains in depth how to tweak the heatmap. It does however not explain how to propperly add a heatmap. If I do so, the resolution is off. With other volume based studies I learned that I should set the time frame first and then add the study. So how do I start to, simply speaking, get the fancy blue line and the oder levels running ...?

5. I am planning to use one broker and one data source. Why would I want to start a second instance to run a second workspace?

Thanks

itradefutures

You have your workspaces, then pretty much everything chart-related is stored in analysis files. They store your instruments, studies, drawings and whatever.

When you chart under an analysis file, let's say you have an NQ analysis file, and you've done a bunch of analysis on the NQ chart, that analysis and indicator set, settings and such will be saved to that analysis file.

To keep your studies, when you flip to another instrument, you press the lock studies button.

To get your heatmap, add a 100ms or so timeframe, set your bar type to line, and then use the heatmap study.