MW charts to look like Tradingview charts

karohm

I really want to start using MW as my only platform for charting and trading but I am just not able to adapt how the charts look on MW especially the colors of the candlesticks.

Ive tried to use the same # color code but it just doesnt look like it. TV has such crisp and bright color, I am able to spot patterns in smaller timeframe so quickly in TV but not in MW.

here is a screenshot of the comparison
Screen Shot Wed 11 29 2023  at 7.43 PM.png

itradefutures

Have you tried using the "flat" candlestick setting? MotiveWave's default candlesticks look like they're embossed a bit. When I use flat candlesticks, I get the same colour as whatever I have on TradingView.

karohm

I just tried that. It did get better but the color is still not 100% same i feel. I doubt if it can get 100% same

Btw, are you able to use MW charts as fast TV charts ? I am finding it so difficult to adapt and make the switch to MW.

itradefutures

TradingView will always be super fast because they have a bunch of server farms crunching data.

MotiveWave runs fast for me, and I do 99% of my trading on it. Still, I am an order flow trader, and TradingView cannot replicate the functionality.

You have to think ahead with MotiveWave; for example, if you're using a Volume Profile over a weekly chart and do not have "Historical Minute Bars" set on good luck, the data will still be loading next week.

So, for long-term analysis using any volume data, I always have "Historical Minute Bars" on as default, and I have it set to off in the day timeframe.

I see it this way: TradingView is for quick and dirty analysis. In the same vein as Sierra, MotiveWave can be used for professional futures traders who use volume and order flow as part of their strategy and need more than basic charts.

Tigger

@karohm, I have the opposite problem.

I'm so accustomed to MW that when I look at a TV chart my brain can't see anything. The MW interface and the way interact with the platform is also deeply engrained.

When I transitioned from ThinkorSwim (RIP) to MW several years ago, it was at least a year before I felt 100% on MW.