Modifying a Bracket Order

elafrenz

Hi - I'm using the free version, replay mode. I've set up an Exit Strategy using a bracket order, which appears when I put in an order. Is there a way to adjust the exit orders on the chart? I can adjust the entry order by just sliding it up or down on the chart, but the exit orders seem to be fixed / unmoveable, which seems strange as that feature is standard on other platforms (chart adjustment of orders). Thanks in advance.

Donovan2580

You should be able to change it via dragging on the chart once the order is filled.... If the entry on the bracket order has not been filled yet the brackets cannot be adjusted.

Is this the case for you?

elafrenz

You should be able to change it via dragging on the chart once the order is filled.... If the entry on the bracket order has not been filled yet the brackets cannot be adjusted.

Is this the case for you?
Thank you! Yes, I see now you can change the exit bracket once the order is filled, but is this limitation of requiring the order to fill before adjusting exits true in real-time situation as well (not just replay mode)? I want to be able to adjust my exit plans before the order executes so I can set & forget. Seems like it would be standard functionality... it is on other platforms.

Donovan2580

Yes it is the same in real time mode...

Another way to do this would be:

If you right click on the price axis to initiate the order you can place a stop / profit target and move it around before the entry order is filled.

1677189798555.png

elafrenz

Thanks so much for your response again... I greatly appreciate your help & that's really helpful... I see how it works & that's exactly what I'm looking for. So my next question is if you're trading multiple contracts can you create multiple, adjustable brackets? e.g. An order for 4 contracts that then allows you to have multiple exits (e.g. 2 contracts, then 1, then another)?

As an alternate I see how you can adjust the number of contracts on the exit order (so I could reduce from 4 to 2), but for example if I reduce the one then there is no standing exit order for the others (e.g. the remaining 2). So is there a way to add a bracket order to an existing order?

Thanks again in advance!

Donovan2580

I am glad it worked out for you!

I am not aware of a way to do this placing orders that way... There are a lot of options that can be configured using the exit strategies menu that is attached to the DOM / Trade Panel but I do not think those will carry over to what we are discussing :(

Perhaps someone else here knows of a way to do this, or if it is even possible?!