MAJOR BUG? - Strategies no longer recognize opened positions in live trading

SA1

There appears to be a major bug in MotiveWave. I am running version 6.4.6 (Professional, although I doubt it matters). Strategies no longer know they are in an open position when live trading. This bug does not appear in the Simulated account or in replay mode. It only occurs in real money accounts.

This bug is NOT a bug in my strategy - the same result occurs with the MW built-in strategies. I tested it using the Buff Average Strategy using the Enter On Activate option (obviously I recommend NOT doing this yourself as it will enter a real trade!).

The strategy will open a position, but the "Position:" label still shows "N/A" - the strategy thus does not manage the position. I have seen already seen a trade where the strategy was supposed to close the position but the strategy did not close the position because it did not know it was in a trade. Here's what it looks like when in a trade in the Simulated account:

Works normally. Here's what happens in a Live account:

This is when in a real live position. Same settings, live account.

This is a serious bug - it means that currently I cannot use Strategies!

Has anyone else run into this?

Per

Hi, just curious if this problem was resolved? Seems a bit discouraging to say the least.

SA1

Hi, just curious if this problem was resolved? Seems a bit discouraging to say the least.

It did get resolved. It appears that the problem is the MotiveWave workspace can become corrupted such that the strategies don't work. Starting over with a new workspace fixed the problem for me.