Linking Nightmares

ghappy21

I like the software. However it seems that things easily become corrupted. Linking seems to do what it wants, if it wants and when it wants. So much odd behavior. Certainly that is not intended, so I assume there is corruption. It leads to literally hours of frustration of analysis, rebuilding, testing, rebuilding, praying. I like this software but damn it is fragile. I have a 32mb powerful server, just 3 charts, one instrument. It seems to restrict itself to 8mb. Turn on replay or open a separate chart window and the demons really come out.
I am on version 6.6.10. (about a year old) I am off support. I do not know if paying for support to get the current release will make any difference. Or just try to leave everything alone because it is so fragile. Or move on to a different platform. Anyone see big differences is software quality in the past year? I do like the platform but just burned half a Saturday.

nooris

Linking has not improved (and possibly never will because I get the feeling that it is designed to work in the specific use-case outlined in their videos and anything else will give you headaches). For me, all I need is a just to link instrument (so all the charts change to the same instrument) but what is available is a full linking which creates 'nightmares'. There has been some great improvements in the DOM on the most recent version. Black Friday is coming soon, so maybe you can get a deal. As for other platforms, well that really depends on what you like, they all have their quirks and problems. On a Mac nothing beats Motivewave (with all its quirks and issues) because there are very few Mac native platforms out there.

ghappy21

I bought the support to get the most current version (Orderflow). Same garbage. When I go to replay sometimes things are fine or sometimes I spend an hour or more fighting the software. There seems to be no pattern for when it works and when it does not. I am in Replay. All charts are linked blue. In config Blue linking is set to none (as it should be to link Replay). Multiple charts sync to replay time ok. I take one of my linked charts and open separate chart window. I link that chart to blue. That chart sometimes sync s to replay and I try restart on replay or try turning replay on or off or try leaving replay mode and coming back to replay mode, so far nothing. I guess now I can write support but I will probably hear "is replay on" type of useless comment. I would love to learn that it is "user error" as I burn so much time fighting this software.