Lars von Thienen cRSI and CSI studies for MotiveWave

saturn33

Lars von Thienen, Board member of the Foundation for the Study of Cycles, has written a book on cycles called "Decoding The Hidden Market Rhythm" (in two parts)(https://www.amazon.com/Decoding-Hidden-Market-Rhythm-WhenToTrade/dp/1974658244), in which he discusses many topics regarding cycles. He has written different studies and has made at least two of his studies available on TradingView (look for "StockMarketCycles" or visit https://www.tradingview.com/u/StockMarketCycles/) and in the public domain. One is called "RSI cyclic smoother v2" (or cRSI) and the other is called "Cycle Swing Momentum" (or "Cycle Swing Indicator" - CSI).

I have taken his original source code and adapted it to Motive Wave. You may find a .jar file and the MotiveWave source code for these at:

astrowin.org/cRSI_CSI.jar

astrowin.org/cRSI_CSI_source_code.zip

I also attach these files here (but I see that this forum does not allow .jar files as attachments - so visit my website, if interested in the .jar file).

Attachments

• cRSI_CSI_source_code.zip
    17.4 KB · Views: 14

imakenocents

Thank you so much for posting this...I created one for NinjaTrader and was dreading trying to convert it for motivewave. It is my go-to indicator.
I made some customizations on the one I use with NT, TradingView and ToS that you may find interesting...would you mind if I DM'd you?

saturn33

Thank you so much for posting this...I created one for NinjaTrader and was dreading trying to convert it for motivewave. It is my go-to indicator.
I made some customizations on the one I use with NT, TradingView and ToS that you may find interesting...would you mind if I DM'd you?
Thank you for your kind offer. Yes, DM me when it is convenient for you.

HUB

I think his approach to cycle analysis is interesting. He uses signal analysis to recover dominant cycles. I remember reading that you have to input period for the dominant cycle in the cyclicRSI. thank you for providing this indicator.

Last edited:

ENIGMA

Lars von Thienen, Board member of the Foundation for the Study of Cycles, has written a book on cycles called "Decoding The Hidden Market Rhythm" (in two parts)(https://www.amazon.com/Decoding-Hidden-Market-Rhythm-WhenToTrade/dp/1974658244), in which he discusses many topics regarding cycles. He has written different studies and has made at least two of his studies available on TradingView (look for "StockMarketCycles" or visit https://www.tradingview.com/u/StockMarketCycles/) and in the public domain. One is called "RSI cyclic smoother v2" (or cRSI) and the other is called "Cycle Swing Momentum" (or "Cycle Swing Indicator" - CSI).

I have taken his original source code and adapted it to Motive Wave. You may find a .jar file and the MotiveWave source code for these at:

astrowin.org/cRSI_CSI.jar

astrowin.org/cRSI_CSI_source_code.zip

I also attach these files here (but I see that this forum does not allow .jar files as attachments - so visit my website, if interested in the .jar file).
thank you so much , so we can not add it in my motivewave 😭

saturn33

thank you so much , so we can not add it in my motivewave 😭
Yes, you can add it to MW. Just as you would for any 3rd party extension. Download the file from "astrowin.org/cRSI_CSI.jar", then copy the .jar file into your "MotiveWave Extensions" folder under your "c:\Users\your_user_name" folder. So copy it into your "c:\Users\your_user_name\MotiveWave Extensions" folder. Then start or restart MW.

DRW

I was excited to find this post and I have downloaded the .jar file into my MotiveWave Extensions folder, and tried to import it into the All Studies dialogue box. The indicators do not show up in the list and restarting MotiveWave doesn’t help. Do you think the newest updates may have blocked this from working? I really want to load this, so if you have any suggestions, I would appreciate it.

saturn33

I was excited to find this post and I have downloaded the .jar file into my MotiveWave Extensions folder, and tried to import it into the All Studies dialogue box. The indicators do not show up in the list and restarting MotiveWave doesn’t help. Do you think the newest updates may have blocked this from working? I really want to load this, so if you have any suggestions, I would appreciate it.
I'm sorry, but I have no idea. It all works for me with the latest version of Ultimate. Because of my work with this in Eclipse, I do have the six .class files in the "/dev/extensions/edwall" folder under the "/MotiveWave Extensions" folder. Perhaps if you copied the six .class files into that folder, it would work. I trust you restarted MotiveWave after doing any file operations. Perhaps that's all you need to get it working.

>> tried to import it into the All Studies dialogue box.

It should appear automatically, if I remember correctly. I don't think an "Import" operation is necessary. I assume you did a search on "cRSI"?

Attachments

• 2024-05-01 22_16_50.jpg
    2024-05-01 22_16_50.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 2024-05-01 22_16_41.jpg
    2024-05-01 22_16_41.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 6

DRW

Here is the error log explaining why the .jar file could not be loaded. Perhaps you can adjust these "wrong names"?

Attachments

• cRSI_CSI error log.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 1

DRW

I'm sorry, but I have no idea. It all works for me with the latest version of Ultimate. Because of my work with this in Eclipse, I do have the six .class files in the "/dev/extensions/edwall" folder under the "/MotiveWave Extensions" folder. Perhaps if you copied the six .class files into that folder, it would work. I trust you restarted MotiveWave after doing any file operations. Perhaps that's all you need to get it working.

>> tried to import it into the All Studies dialogue box.

It should appear automatically, if I remember correctly. I don't think an "Import" operation is necessary. I assume you did a search on "cRSI"?
I don't have an subfolders under the "/MotiveWave Extension" folder. Do you think you could post the "/dev/extensions/edwall" folder it seems to need?

DRW

OK. It works. I just created the subfolder directory you listed and then copied the six .class files into it!
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR DOING THIS