Keep Elliot Waves after Rollover

pabloatb

Hi, I have some long term Elliot Waves on my futures contracts charts and I lose them when I rollover the contract.
Is there any way to avoid this behavior? Can I keep the Elliot Waves in the new contract?
Thanks!

DITB

Pablo, I don't want to give incomplete advice, so hopefully support will chime in shortly. But they helped me offline with a similar issue by directing me to the new Continuous Contracts feature in v6.3. https://www.motivewave.com/guides/Whats_New_in_Version_6.3.pdf. What I did was create a continuous contract for ES (using the symbol @ES, just like in the guide), left the settings as shown in the guide, and was able to re-create my drawings on the @ES chart. If your drawings are more complex, there might be a way to save them from the ESZ0 chart (or whatever instrument/expiration you're using) and load them into the @ES (or similar) chart you will create. Back things up first, etc. I'm really happy with this new feature, as it now allows for some longer-term analysis.

pabloatb

Pablo, I don't want to give incomplete advice, so hopefully support will chime in shortly. But they helped me offline with a similar issue by directing me to the new Continuous Contracts feature in v6.3. https://www.motivewave.com/guides/Whats_New_in_Version_6.3.pdf. What I did was create a continuous contract for ES (using the symbol @ES, just like in the guide), left the settings as shown in the guide, and was able to re-create my drawings on the @ES chart. If your drawings are more complex, there might be a way to save them from the ESZ0 chart (or whatever instrument/expiration you're using) and load them into the @ES (or similar) chart you will create. Back things up first, etc. I'm really happy with this new feature, as it now allows for some longer-term analysis.
Thank you! This is a great workaround. Actually my broker is Interactive Brokers and they do provide continuous contracts so I will read the documentation regarding how to properly use them in Motivewave.