Issues with Fibonacci 'Presets'

Spin

I have been experiencing some annoying behaviour recently.

I installed MotiveWave both on a PC (version 5.4.22) and on my laptop (version 6, but the Beta edition, since I wanted to testdrive it)
I created a 'repository' on a network drive, so I always have my latest studies / templates / charts at hand wherever I work from (PC or laptop).Everything worked smoothly these last few months.

A couple of days ago I defined a new 'Fibonnaci preset' with the levels I need and some nice color fills: MW truly can be beautiful :).
I shut down MW on my PC and to my surprise the new 'preset' was 'broken' when I started MW on my laptop. All the Fib levels had disappeared (execpt for the 0%) and with them also the coloring. The same is also true for all of my 'older' presets, that have not been changed in 6 months or so.

First I thought this was due to a conflict in the versions on the 2 platforms, so I uninstalled the 6 Beta and reinstalled 5.4.22 on my laptop. Sadly the problem persists.
Actually: the problem got worse, since drawing a Fib retracement or expansion is now taking over 10 seconds to complete (I can select begin and end point just fine, but it takes a really long time before the actual lines appear).

During debugging this issue, I discovered that the config.json file on my network drive still holds all my presets, with the correct parameters. It simply seems that MW no longer loads this correctly or not at all.

Has anyone else encountered this behavior ? How can I fix this ? How do I get my old presets back ?

EDIT: I put the relevant code lines from config.json as attachment to this post. I noticed that the ratioPresets there only have a single value saved, nameley 0. Surely this can not be correct ? Where did the other values go ?
EDIT 2: I have an older, 'working' version of config.json (I make backups regularly) that has all the values that I defined when creating the preset. When I restore this file to the repository directory and restart MW, the problem persits, and what's more: when I quit MW this file gets overwritten with the presets with only value 0 :oops:

Attachments

• 1573068872157.png
    1573068872157.png
    46.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

MotiveWave_Jason

Staff member
Hello Spin,

As you know, we cannot support older versions of MotiveWave. If you're running the latest release on both computers and can reproduce this problem then we can definitely look into it for you.

Thank you.

Kent

I was seeing this same thing happen for the last few months, but I took advantage of the sale on the updates, and this has cleared up with the last couple of updates. I also run a repository with 3 computers. I have not been seeing it happen on the 6.0.4? updates.