Is this a glitch? Why are my chart levels/prices different

Ghome

I am confused as to why my chart is showing the same candle stick pattern as yesterday but at a lower price level than it actually was yesterday is this a glitch?
Prices yesterday were in my supply and demand zones above that is where my trading happened and now this morning they are lower on the chart, at a different price.

This is the ESZ3 contract

Screen Shot 2023-09-12 at 5.52.57 AM.png

luissantillana33

you might have to adjust your roll days for the new contract. right click on chart - edit instrument - data - then make your adjustment & maybe that will help you out.

oie

hey ghome. My chart looks exactly the same. I think it has to be a glitch on their end. I emailed support with the same image.

oie

you might have to adjust your roll days for the new contract. right click on chart - edit instrument - data - then make your adjustment & maybe that will help you out.
your idea worked. thank you. I went to edit-data then under roll method switched it to none and I now have the overnight data that wasnt there. thanks.

Ghome

Boom!!! amazing thank you guys that fixed it for me. Appreciate it!

nooris

The chart in that picture is correct. The chart is supposed to rollover at the Sept 11 open because the Volume and OI in Z contract was larger than U. You can certainly choose to trade U until expiry, but this is not a glitch, its how futures roll (albeit the spreads are more extreme nowadays because of the effect of interest rates).

MrSharky

You should really read up on contracts roll and how they work with roll adjustments and so forth. The last roll from sept to dec contract had a 49.50 points difference on ES. If you dont know how they work you should not be trading. 50 points is a lot, and if you dont do it right you will get faulty support and resistance levels on your historical charts. That can be a costly experience.

Ghome

You should really read up on contracts roll and how they work with roll adjustments and so forth. The last roll from sept to dec contract had a 49.50 points difference on ES. If you dont know how they work you should not be trading. 50 points is a lot, and if you dont do it right you will get faulty support and resistance levels on your historical charts. That can be a costly experience.
Appreciate you