Import a study within a study

sebinho

Hi Guys,

Not sure if it has been asked before, but I can't seem to find any help on the forum topics so far.

Is there an easy way in MW to reuse an existing study within our own custom study? Let's say for example I have a study that is doing some custom calculations. And within those calculations I would like to use the value of the VWAP (from the MW study). Can we easily do this without having to copy paste the code of the VWAP study within our own code?

Thanks for your help!

mwUserGreg

Hi. Did you ever find an answer or solution for this? Really a shame that a likely simple question remains unanswered for over 30 days. Doesn't MW staff support this forum?

sebinho

No I never got any answers. I ended up having to copy a bunch of code from VWAP directly to my code...

mwUserGreg

Sorry to hear that, but hopefully you are coming along well, with it! If you have time and don't mind, maybe send me a pm. I'd like to brainstorm with another MW user who's not afraid to dive into some code, studies and strategies. I have a ton of Thinkscript experience but just recently started with Java for MW. Anyway, maybe we can help each other when we get stuck, without having to wait a month or longer, only to receive no answers. 🤓