IB data suddebly not working

gck_mw

Yesterday ESU3 got me data from IB. Today 6/6 not so much. IB, of course, washing their hands of everything as soon as you mention third party software.

Today -- Invalid Instrument: No security definition has been found for the request

Anyone else experiencing this or know what's happened?

I've changed nothing software wise lately either...

luissantillana33

there was an update released today? have you updated? if so, try going back to the previous version & see if that fixes it? if not then i would email support.

gck_mw

there was an update released today? have you updated? if so, try going back to the previous version & see if that fixes it? if not then i would email support.
Thanks for the reply. I have not updated MW in quite a while (trying) to avoid things like this...

luissantillana33

no worries but that in itself might also be the issue. as IB updates it's platforms, whatever changes they make sometimes also impact 3rd part platforms as well. hence why they update around the same intervals to make sure that the newest update works with their newest update. just a thought but good luck

ScottyA

Yesterday ESU3 got me data from IB. Today 6/6 not so much. IB, of course, washing their hands of everything as soon as you mention third party software.

Today -- Invalid Instrument: No security definition has been found for the request

Anyone else experiencing this or know what's happened?

I've changed nothing software wise lately either...

Did you get this resolved?

I recommend checking in TWS under "More Options >" for the Version. MotiveWave is only tested for compatibility with STABLE. Perhaps IB may have updated?

gck_mw

Did you get this resolved?

I recommend checking in TWS under "More Options >" for the Version. MotiveWave is only tested for compatibility with STABLE. Perhaps IB may have updated?
I recreated my workspace and it seems to be OK again. I'm assuming the workspace I was using somehow got corrupted and was sending an invalid request.