I need replay but with tick data in my demo account. Which broker gives you that?

Tradesalot

I've tried several, and I'm not sure *any* of them give it to me. Do I really have to pay for a MotiveWave account to have that feature?

Donovan2580

I've tried several, and I'm not sure *any* of them give it to me. Do I really have to pay for a MotiveWave account to have that feature?

If you are just trying out MotiveWave for the evaluation period, a Rithmic demo account will have tick data.

There is a link here under "Gateway Connectors"

Tradesalot

If you are just trying out MotiveWave for the evaluation period, a Rithmic demo account will have tick data.

There is a link here under "Gateway Connectors"

Are you certain that's the right one? I signed up for it but only have "bar data" and "minute data" available. Did something change perhaps?

Donovan2580

Are you certain that's the right one? I signed up for it but only have "bar data" and "minute data" available. Did something change perhaps?

Yes - Rithmic has been allowing a demo account with tick data for quite some time. I cannot imagine anything changed, but you could always email them and ask.

So you are connected to MotiveWave via the Rithmic Demo account?? What symbol are you trying to load tick data on?

Tradesalot

Yes - Rithmic has been allowing a demo account with tick data for quite some time. I cannot imagine anything changed, but you could always email them and ask.

So you are connected to MotiveWave via the Rithmic Demo account?? What symbol are you trying to load tick data on?
Yeah that's how I'm connected. I'm trying to load the NQ. Ticker should be NQH4, right? I asked motivewave but they don't tell me anything unless I pay. Emailing Rithmic to see if they are any better.

Donovan2580

Yeah that's how I'm connected. I'm trying to load the NQ. Ticker should be NQH4, right? I asked motivewave but they don't tell me anything unless I pay. Emailing Rithmic to see if they are any better.

Yup that is the right symbol and NQ should have tick data - If you pull up a DOM do you see resting orders sitting there?

Tradesalot

Yup that is the right symbol and NQ should have tick data - If you pull up a DOM do you see resting orders sitting there?
It looks like I can't open the DOM at all. The option is there under View-->Display-->DOM Panel and it has a check sign, but it's grayed out.

Donovan2580

It looks like I can't open the DOM at all. The option is there under View-->Display-->DOM Panel and it has a check sign, but it's grayed out.

It sounds to me like you might be running the "Free Edition".

Are you past the 14 day mark for the free trial?? If so, it converts into the Community Edition and tick data won't be useable. You need the Order Flow version or above for that.

To check:

Help > About > Look at where it says "Edition"

spider64

I just signed up for the Rithmic free trial a couple of days ago and I have tick data on futures. I wanted a second paper account, I have IB but data is aggregated, so I could test Trade Copier on a strategy. Also a chance to compare tick and IB aggregated on a strategy and there's a big difference. Guess I'll be signing up for a data service to get tick data and still trade my IB account.

Tradesalot

It sounds to me like you might be running the "Free Edition".

Are you past the 14 day mark for the free trial?? If so, it converts into the Community Edition and tick data won't be useable. You need the Order Flow version or above for that.

To check:

Help > About > Look at where it says "Edition"
I got another free trial for the motivewave platform but now, despite me putting in the new license key, it won't recognize that I have the trial when I go to Rithmic. Does it just not allow me to? If I have to pay for it, fine, but I'd rather not.

spider64

I got another free trial for the motivewave platform but now, despite me putting in the new license key, it won't recognize that I have the trial when I go to Rithmic. Does it just not allow me to? If I have to pay for it, fine, but I'd rather not.
Let me make sure I understand you correctly. You have a new MW free trial and put in your license key. You said you go to Rithmic is where I'm confused. I have a free trial on Rithmic and have RTraderPro running. Then I go to Configure - Workspaces and the connections box pops up. I already had a Rithmic connection via a prop firm (that one had no paper account was why I wanted the free trail) so I added a new Rithmic connection to my main workspace. I had to delete my existing Rithmic connection because only one per broker I think. Anyway I deleted it. Rebooted MW and everything has been working fine for a few days now.

Donovan2580

Sorry, but I do not understand your response. Did you check what version of MW you are running and if so, which one is it? If it is the community edition you will not have tick data available no matter the data feed.