Historical trade analysis on chart

john123

Team MW,

I have been looking for a solution to a problem that I'm facing for many days. I would like to plot my historical trade on a price chart to analyze my trading mistakes. But there are no platform that offers this, is there a way to do it in MW!!!!

MotiveWave_Jason

Staff member
Hi John,

Are the trades made via MotiveWave? You can select the Show Trades button and it will show a history of your trades.

Or do you mean you have your trades recorded elsewhere in a .csv or .xls? If so, you won't be able to import those trades into MotiveWave.

mrwebble

Is this still true (4 years later)?

I'm evaluating the 14-day trial of Motive Wave. I have a custom study/signal/trading system that I wrote a while back that generates lists of trades (backtesting a proposed trading system). I would like to import that list of trades into Motive Wave and then click on each trade and have Motive Wave display the price history chart, along with the entry and exit markers for the trade. I can do this in SierraChart--almost--I cannot click and jump to trade--which would be perfect--but the rest is there. Sierra lets me save a history of trades, and reload them too. So all I have to do is create a text file of trades in the proper format, and then I can load them in for visualization.

Can Motive Wave do this?

I'm a software professional. If this is not available now, is it something the SDK would allow me to write? In other words, is the API there?

Thank you.

- M. Weeble

Last edited: