Help importing custom studies for scanners

afa95

Hi everyone,

I just downloaded the application, and I got some imported scanners from a friend of mine. Once I click import I don't see the imported study with the list. Does anyone know why?

Spin

Do you have the imported Study ? Is is a Study that is shipped with MW or is it custom-coded and did your friend forget to give it to you ?

afa95

Do you have the imported Study ? Is is a Study that is shipped with MW or is it custom-coded and did your friend forget to give it to you ?
It is probably custom coded. Motive reads the file from my laptop, but when I click on import, it does not appear with the rest of the studies.

Spin

have you tried importing that specific Study through Study > all studies > import ?

Is this Study protected by its maker ?
MW coders can set their Studies to 'secured'. When they do that, they keep control over who can use it through their SDK Admin page. If you're not in the list of 'allowed users', you can not import it (MW will act as if all is good when you import; it will not show an error)

Spin

Yes you can.

I do that actually: made a few simple ones for myself and put them up for sale. But I also code (mostly larger) projects for other people / businesses :)

PM me if you need help !