Heatmap using TDAmeritrade

MikeMousse

Hi,
I'm trying to start using Order Heatmap but it does not produce this information.
Does it work with motive wave ?

L.

sas7085

May be TD Ameritrade data plan upgradation is required. IN CME futures the order heat map works

luissantillana33

Hi,
I'm trying to start using Order Heatmap but it does not produce this information.
Does it work with motive wave ?

L.
are you trying to use it to trade equities or futures? i think with futures you will need to use a data provider that gives you tick data like cqg-rithmic etc.

MikeMousse

are you trying to use it to trade equities or futures? i think with futures you will need to use a data provider that gives you tick data like cqg-rithmic etc.
I'm trying to find a way to get the cheapest option to try out the order flow in moti.
Which one works the best for us equities and futures and how to add it ?

luissantillana33

I'm trying to find a way to get the cheapest option to try out the order flow in moti.
Which one works the best for us equities and futures and how to add it ?
for equities data you can use tos & link it, as far as futures data i think you can get a free trial from cqg or rithmic for like 2 weeks to try it out before you decide to purchase or not. But after you will have to pay for futures data, especially for tick data which is what i think you should use imo. Now i think if you look for free futures data it will not be as good as what i mentioned & your trades may potentially suffer from it as well. good luck

MikeMousse

for equities data you can use tos & link it, as far as futures data i think you can get a free trial from cqg or rithmic for like 2 weeks to try it out before you decide to purchase or not. But after you will have to pay for futures data, especially for tick data which is what i think you should use imo. Now i think if you look for free futures data it will not be as good as what i mentioned & your trades may potentially suffer from it as well. good luck
Can I use TD amertrade account for L2 and MarketDept too for equities or futures or that is not available ?
I'm using Mac, so I'm not sure if I will be able to configure rithmic bridge ? Can the feed be also supplied directly from cqg or I need local app like for ritmic ?

MikeMousse

I have made a connection to TDA. I went on TDA and subscribed to L2 and market depth.
When I added Order Heatmap and nothing is show up at all.
Do I need to configure anything special ?