Ghost Candles

OG1

Hi all. I have been noticing these rather dark candlesticks lately on my chart. In the pic attached all studies are hidden. They started appearing from time to time after I upgraded my Mac OS to Ventura 13.5. I can fix it by by changing candlesticks to flat and then back to regular but it will happen again later. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 7.44.17 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 7.44.17 PM.png
    18.4 KB · Views: 7

igor.s

What are the bar setting, especially the bar scheme? if you create a clean chart with no studies/drawings would you be able to reproduce the issue?

cheers.

OG1

What are the bar setting, especially the bar scheme? if you create a clean chart with no studies/drawings would you be able to reproduce the issue?

cheers.
The issue seems to be caused by some of the custom studies I have. No worries. Thanks for the reply 👍🏼

OG1

cheers.
Igor, on a side note, do you know if the operations on studies are being run/calculated in the background when the studies are hidden? Or is it if they are hidden nothing is being affected by them? I ask because I do have a lot of studies on charts which are hidden and am now wondering if I should delete them or it makes no difference. Thanks!

igor.s

In my experience the hidden studies are not active. They are not consuming resources, which is logical. Once activated they read the data and recalculate.

Reactions: OG1