footprint charts

Hey guys-

I came to motive wave from a friend of mine and used his workspace. I am now in the process of creating my own workspace so I can become more versatile with designing my own systems and really make trading my own versus using someone else's template.

the problem im having is I want my footprint charts to look like his, and I copied all of the setting from his footprint but I just can't seem to get mine to look just like his because there are 10,000,000 options for customizing these footprint charts.

I'm hoping some experienced traders can share their setting for their foot print charts, whether they use profiles, deltas, ladders, just basic set ups for foot prints is what im looking for as im a bit new to them. if anyone can point me in that direction or share some of their motive wave footprints I would be seriously grateful

Ghome

Is your friend able to export his exact settings to you so you can import it to your workspace? Since you like his setup that would be the best option.

Is your friend able to export his exact settings to you so you can import it to your workspace? Since you like his setup that would be the best option.

the thing is is I had his entire workspace and it's a bit corrupted and I just want to start fresh. Just curious what other people are doing so looking for any footprint setups people are willing to share.

IvanV9T

Hi all!

Whatever I do, I cant set my chart on as it shows on the video. Can anyone share a configuration file or screenshot the proper settings, please?

Ghome

Hi all!

Whatever I do, I cant set my chart on as it shows on the video. Can anyone share a configuration file or screenshot the proper settings, please?
Can you give more details about what you are trying to achieve?

MikeT

Would also love to have a template, if someone can share.
I spent 30 minutes trying to set it up and still not happy about it.

Ghome

Would also love to have a template, if someone can share.
I spent 30 minutes trying to set it up and still not happy about it.
Can you give more details about what you are trying to achieve?

Ghome

If you want the same setup as the video then just follow the video instructions he shows you how to set it up.

MikeT

Screenshot 2024-04-21 at 10.20.54 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-04-21 at 11.53.41 PM.png

@Ghome I need to set it up so it's highlighting just the biggest orders (see image from Atas) but not sure if that's even possible.

MikeT

Just filter by size in the settings.
I tried that but it just hides the numbers below the threshold. I want to see the box/background only on big orders and/or imbalances, like in the Atas template. That one looks clean, but when I look at my current one in MW it's a mess.

Also, very basic question - I assume bids (longs) are the numbers on the left and ask (shorts) are on the right correct?

Last edited:

Ghome

I tried that but it just hides the numbers below the threshold. I want to see the box/background only on big orders and/or imbalances, like in the Atas template. That one looks clean, but when I look at my current one in MW it's a mess.

Also, very basic question - I assume bids (longs) are the numbers on the left and ask (shorts) are on the right correct?
Do you mean like this? This is my setup. My setup is Bid/Ask on the left and Delta on the right. With Totals at the bottom of the chart and delta summary to the right of my DOM.

Screen Shot 2024-04-22 at 10.36.18 AM.png

MikeT

Do you mean like this? This is my setup. My setup is Bid/Ask on the left and Delta on the right. With Totals at the bottom of the chart and delta summary to the right of my DOM.

View attachment 2309
yes! this looks a lot better. Thanks for sharing :)

Would you mind posting your settings? (or the template)
Is there some minimum limit/filter for delta? As it shows on just a few. Also, how is it calculed? That 1697 bid / 1456 ask shows -241.. but shouldn't it be +241?
Or are bids (longs) on the right side

MikeT

Ok, I got this now.. nice and clean and usable.

I'm still struggling to undertand how delta is calculated. Where it shows -2884 is actually the highest bid moment (widest green bar)

As the final step I'll need to figure out how imbalances and absorption levels work. Seems quite powerful/useful.

/Edit: I realized I had it switched up.. assumed bids = longs, ask = shorts... but apparently it's the other way.
1713824027381.png

1713822725534.png
1713822178335.png

Last edited:

Ghome

Ok, I got this now.. nice and clean and usable.

I'm still struggling to undertand how delta is calculated. Where it shows -2884 is actually the highest bid moment (widest green bar)

As the final step I'll need to figure out how imbalances and absorption levels work. Seems quite powerful/useful.

/Edit: I realized I had it switched up.. assumed bids = longs, ask = shorts... but apparently it's the other way.
View attachment 2313

View attachment 2312
View attachment 2311
So looks like you're I'll set up now, correct? You no longer need my settings?

Happy to see you're making progress. 👏🏼