ES - SPX premium (spread)

nooris

Hello,

I am looking for a way to have the ES - SPX premium displayed on my ES chart. Its a very basic math operation (ES minus SPX)

I also hope there is a free data source for live SPX available to MW.

luissantillana33

how about just overlaying SPX on ES? would that work? as far as the data, you could get it for free if you have a tos account & add the connection

luissantillana33

click on the magnifying glass, then select the data source you wanna pull the data from, type in the symbol then hit search. it'll generate the symbols that match & select the correct one you want.
1690760322097.png

luissantillana33

here is where it populates, double click on the symbol & then select color of line or however you want it displayed on the chart & hit create
1690760418931.png

nooris

it should pop up like this using a line chart & you can mess with the options to your liking
View attachment 1826
how about just overlaying SPX on ES? would that work? as far as the data, you could get it for free if you have a tos account & add the connection
Thank you for the detailed explanation, this works to some extent, however I was looking for a numerical value to be displayed. I can estimate by looking at the lines, but a precise number, would be perfect. Is there a way I can put it in a speed gauge?

I need a numerical value to help me decide whether a buy or sell program is more likely due to index arbitrage. It's a very useful concept that can keep you on the right side of a sudden drop or jump. If you want to understand more about this check out indexarb.com

luissantillana33

The price axis is on the left hand side for the overlaid instrument. you can add a speed gauge if you want. 1690783421548.png