Can't change trading hours...?!

ProfileGuy

Hey
Just purchased the Orderflow edition of MotiveWave and I'm struggling on changing the trading time zones for hours now!!
I live in Los Angeles so I'm trying to change the default time zone to Pacific time. So the market basically opens at 6:30AM RTH for NQ Futures.
Also the hour settings that I specify don't seem to save

Changed
Preferences > Hours
Preferences > Intraday
Preference > Custom Trading hours
RightClick > Edit Instrument

I've watched tutorials but no luck
help.....

Attachments

• 111.png
    111.png
    40 KB · Views: 17
  • 222.png
    222.png
    74.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 333.png
    333.png
    32.3 KB · Views: 16

Donovan2580

I believe your best bet would be to leave all the default settings in MW alone and just change this to America/Los Angeles.

Make sure to do this for the whole program and not just a single chart so it changes it globally.

Configure > Preferences > Chart > Chart Settings

Lemme know if that is what you were looking for :)

1681736074459.png

ProfileGuy

Thanks
I believe your best bet would be to leave all the default settings in MW alone and just change this to America/Los Angeles.

Make sure to do this for the whole program and not just a single chart so it changes it globally.

Configure > Preferences > Chart > Chart Settings

Lemme know if that is what you were looking for :)

View attachment 1661
Thanks Donovan but MotiveWave has it on America/Los_Angeles already.....,.MotiveWave thinks that Futures equity ends at 2PM Pacific Time but it supposed to end at 1PM. It's driving me crazy that I cant figure this one thing of having 6:30AM-1PM

Donovan2580

Ahh are you talking about how "RTH Charts" go until 2pm (your time) by default?

I look at TPO charts so I know that can cause a problem. What I did was make a new time session (Hit the plus sign shown below) and point my charts at that session. It seemed like modifying the existing one within MW caused the program to constantly fight with itself.

On the advanced tab of "Edit Instrument" is where you can direct it to a custom trading session.

1681750510575.png

ProfileGuy

Ahh are you talking about how "RTH Charts" go until 2pm (your time) by default?

I look at TPO charts so I know that can cause a problem. What I did was make a new time session (Hit the plus sign shown below) and point my charts at that session. It seemed like modifying the existing one within MW caused the program to constantly fight with itself.

On the advanced tab of "Edit Instrument" is where you can direct it to a custom trading session.

View attachment 1662
Yeah I'm trying to set up RTH charts but have it end at 1PM my time.
And yeah I use TPO charts too will cause issues.
But if I set the "custom time" the candles shift and the times don't even match what I put on the custom times i put in.
When I SAVE it, it dosent save the custom times when I reopen it.
I'll try again but I've spent days dealing with this and haven't been done anything else with this platform. Might ask for a refund

Last edited:

ProfileGuy

Modified the hours and time axis but can't get rid of area circled

Attachments

• 998.png
    998.png
    373 KB · Views: 10

Donovan2580

It appears that you have "Show Extended Data" (Link below) switched off right?? I would assume you want it switched off to get rid of that hour, but it looks like you already have ETH hidden.

Can you share a screenshot of the advanced tab of the Edit Instrument screen as well as a screenshot of the hours of the associated session?

For what it is worth - I am not with support, just trying to help you get this figured out :)

ProfileGuy

Donovan thanks, yeah I appreciate it

Yeah extended hours is off, but I would want extended hours on another chart. But my main focus is having an RTH chart.
Sometimes the the hours dont save properly....not sure if its a bug

A tech guy from Motive was trying to help but no luck- Wish I could call them instead

Ill give this a few more days before going back to Sierra charts.

Attachments

• 66666.png
    66666.png
    129.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 111111.png
    111111.png
    459.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 222222.png
    222222.png
    588 KB · Views: 13
  • 333333.png
    333333.png
    646.3 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Donovan2580

So you just edited the CME - Equities session that already came in with MW correct?

Maybe I am going nuts, but shouldn't the end time be 13:00?? I am in Eastern time, CME is in Chicago and you are in Pacific so that makes for a difficult math problem for me after staring at charts all day 🤣

If you keep putting in the correct time and it doesn't save correctly, I would think adding a brand new session would be the way to go.

1681852148904.png

Last edited:

ProfileGuy

Yes I did both, my own custom hours and also tried editing the default CME- Equity.
I also edited the closing time from 16 to 13 but as I mentioned above- it does not save. Sometimes the times I tried to save will shift to a different time which makes me think its a bug....?

I also just updated Motivewave to a new version but still having the same issues.

amirzayyani

I have the same problem
Yes I did both, my own custom hours and also tried editing the default CME- Equity.
I also edited the closing time from 16 to 13 but as I mentioned above- it does not save. Sometimes the times I tried to save will shift to a different time which makes me think its a bug....?

I also just updated Motivewave to a new version but still having the same issues.

surfziggy

Me too, I don't seem to be able to get the TPO profiles to align correctly for SNFE hours (which are Sydney AU based), when I am based in Brisbane AU timezone. Instead it's decided that 2pm my time is the end of day! I'm guessing because that's 12pm New York.

I love this tool so far, and it's defo better than IBKR, but this is an annoyance that I want to resolve before committing to buying it.

Jordan

Hey
Just purchased the Orderflow edition of MotiveWave and I'm struggling on changing the trading time zones for hours now!!
I live in Los Angeles so I'm trying to change the default time zone to Pacific time. So the market basically opens at 6:30AM RTH for NQ Futures.
Also the hour settings that I specify don't seem to save

Changed
Preferences > Hours
Preferences > Intraday
Preference > Custom Trading hours
RightClick > Edit Instrument

I've watched tutorials but no luck
help.....
Yours are not staying because your hours are overlapping. Open the time selectors and scroll all the way down to where the numbers do not have a negative in front of them (look very closely). It specifically says you need to put a negative number when the trading session opens the day / evening prior to how you want to aggregate it. Hope this helps.